Do you fear sending your children to travel alone with Delta? Well, with the delta airlines unaccompanied minors service, you will have nothing to fear about. When there are children who travel alone on Delta flights, the airline ensures their safety as a whole.
Moreover, Delta Airlines is a major name on the American carriers list. As a result, their every service is an effort for an exciting flight for the customers. Consequently, the passengers of whichever age can experience the benefits Delta has to offer.
When it comes to unaccompanied minors traveling with Delta Airlines, the airline has made it extremely comfortable for them. Therefore, they all can have a positive experience during air travel. However, how do you book flights for Delta Airlines unaccompanied minors? Let’s find out in detail!
What is Delta’s Unaccompanied Minor Program?
When you want your kid to fly as a delta airline unaccompanied minor, you need to know about the airline’s program in detail. Delta offers this special program for the little customers who travel alone, including a tracking device to make sure they are not lost.
Here are the details of the program in the section below:
Children aged four years or younger
If a child is of age four or less, the airline does not allow you to book their flights unaccompanied. A passenger of this age can only travel if accompanied by another customer age 18 or older. Besides, there won’t be any fee for the passengers as well.
Children Between 5 to 7 years of age
For those who want to make delta airlines booking unaccompanied minor for their child aged 5 to seven, it is possible. However, the program is only allowed on some domestic or nonstop flights only. Moreover, the fee for it will be 150 USD each way. And the icing on the cake is that you can easily book up to 4 children in one booking.
Children between 8 to 14 years of age
Children about eight to fourteen age can travel on Delta Ailrines unaccompanied without a hassle with a 150 USD fee each way. The airline allows this age group of children on some nonstop and connecting flights. Besides, there can be 4 children at most in a single booking.
Children between 15-17 years of age
If your child s between the ages of 15 to 17, the UNMR booking is optional. However, a child of this age group can also choose to travel as unaccompanied minor Delta airlines. The fee structure will remain the same as for other age groups each way and will contain up to 4 children. You can send them on some nonstop and a few connecting flights.
Also, make sure that when children of age 15 to 17 travel as unaccompanied minors, that is totally optional. This means they can travel as a standard passenger on a condition to provide a valid ID to prove that. Hence, this service is for minors who have a guardian’s consent to travel under the program.
How do you plan Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor travel?
Suppose your child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor. In that case, the Delta best airline unaccompanied minors policy can be your first shot. However, besides the flight timings, an adult should accompany the child throughout the process.
- There should be an adult 18 years or older throughout the check-in process.
- The same adult should drop off the child at the hands of a Delta Airlines staff.
- Furthermore, the adult coming to pick up the child should also have valid ID proof and consent provided by the guardian/parent.
If you keep these little details in mind, you can send your unaccompanied minor through Delta Airlines booking with ease. Now, let’s find out how you book flights under the airline’s UNMR program in detail.
How do I book flights for my unaccompanied minor?
For customers who wish to book flights for their unaccompanied minors on Delta Airlines, they can follow the steps below:
- Open the Delta Airlines website and locate their UNMR program section.
- After that, you may see the delta airlines unaccompanied minor phone number for booking.
- The airline agent will first confirm the eligibility for your booking.
- Also, the agent will determine whether your child has the option to travel alone with Delta or not.
- After that, the agent will provide you with a 4-digit PIN for configuration that may come in handy later for any changes to the flight itinerary.
This is how you can confirm flying with Delta for your unaccompanied minor. Now, let’s find out the additional details about the Delta UNMR flights.
What is Delta Airlines UNMR Policy?
After you have decided to travel with Delta Airlines, you know their several benefits. Therefore, you must know the airline’s policies as well. Now, let’s take a further look at the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel policy in detail:
- A designated adult or parent should take the unaccompanied minor to the flight’s departure gate and should stay there as long as their flight doesn’t leave the ground.
- Suppose the minor has a connection flight to another city, the airline will provide them assistance by a Delta employee or someone from the business partner.
- Delta Airlines unaccompanied minors may sit at the rear of the aircraft nearby the flight attendants for their safety concerns.
- Suppose the person who will pick up the child has changed. In that case, ensure to inform the airline in advance.
- Delta Airlines will contact the original pickup person in case someone else appears to pick up the child and verify the situation. If the person remains unidentified, they will not hand over the child.
Therefore, for any further questions or concerns, you can dial Delta Airlines Espanol phone number 800-325-8847 and get your answers. Moreover, you can find contact numbers for other locations if you want more details. Besides, our experts work 24/7 to offer you additional help. So, feel free to ask if there is a query. We will be happy to serve you.