Table of Contents
- 1 How do I Cancel an Aeromexico Ticket?
- 2 What is Aeromexico Cancellation Policy for Confirmed Tickets?
- 3 How Do I Cancel My Flight on Aeromexico Airlines?
- 4 How much do I have to Pay for an Aeromexico Ticket Cancellation?
How do I Cancel an Aeromexico Ticket?
Planned a holiday with Aeromexico, but now can not make it? The change of plans puts you in a situation where you have no other option but to cancel your flights. Prevent yourself from the plunge of canceling a booked flight with the Aeromexico Cancellation Policy as per your fares. It is specially curated for you to have full control over your flight-related decisions. And who knows, you may even get a full amount refund.
Well, Not every passenger is willing to make cancellations, but those who do, have a good shot at getting their money back with Aeromexico. So, when you have to change your plans with this flag carrier of Mexico, the cancellation rules and procedure below will be of great help!
What is Aeromexico Cancellation Policy for Confirmed Tickets?
Aeromexico is always trying hard to improve the overall experiences for its customers. Therefore, the passnegers get a simple set of rules which allow the cancellation of flights without many problems. Below you will find the basic rules associated with Aeromexico flight cancellation:
- Aeromexico allows you to cancel your flights up to 2 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- However, any cancellations made within three days of the departure are subject to a cancellation fee which equals your booking amount. (The amount you paid gets forfeited.)
- To cancel a First, Business, Economy, or Premium Economy ticket, the cancellation fee has been currently eliminated on all domestic flights.
- The Aeromexico flight cancellation policy applies to all refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- The refund amount can either go to the person booking a ticket or the one requesting a cancellation.
- Passengers not canceling their flights and failing to show up at the departure on time will be charged as per the no-show policy.
- To cancel flight tickets purchased with any OTA or third-party agency, you must connect to their office directly.
These were the basic points associated with the Aeromexico flight cancellations policy. But, if you wonder whether you can get a full refund on tickets, it depends on the time of cancellation. Let us find out more about it.
Aeromexico 24-Hour Flight Cancellation Policy
The Aeromexico Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 hours is a special feature that allows the customers to make cancellations free of charge. According to that, the airline offers you a 24-hour risk-free period after booking. And you get a full refund to your original payment form on the ticket cancellation. The only condition is that your flight should depart at least one week from the booking date.
Also, note that this policy will only apply for tickets booked directly with Aeromexico using one of the booking channels. Any fare type you book will be subject to the same cancellation rules.
Passengers get their refund within 7 to 10 business days of making the Aeromexico Flight Cancellation requests or depending on their actual mode of payment.
How Do I Cancel My Flight on Aeromexico Airlines?
If you’d like to proceed with the ticket cancellations, go ahead, as you must be clear about the cancellation rules by now. For instance, the Aeromexico cancel flight service is available via two channels, the online website, and Aeromexico customer service. Let us find out more.
Canceling an Aeromexico Flight Online
- Traverse through the web and find the Aeromexico official site online.
- Then, enter the “My Trips” section and locate your flight details.
- To accomplish that, you need your e-ticket number or reservation code with the last name on the ticket.
- Click “Find My Booking” to view all the associated flights related to the same ticket number.
- You can now choose the flight you wish to cancel and proceed.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete the process and agree to the penalty charges, if any.
Finalize everything and click on the “Cancel” button to confirm.
This way, your Aeromexico flight cancellations will be confirmed via an email from the airline to your registered email ID. If you want additional details or request a refund, you can call Aeromexico for help.
Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Offline
Passengers who need to cancel their plans but do not have time to go through all the policies and details by themselves have the offline cancellation option. This option is also for passengers who fail to comprehend the Aeromexico Flight cancellation policy on their ticket by themselves.
So what these folks can do is request a cancellation through the Aeromexico flight cancellation phone number.
- This requires the official phone number of the airline from the website, and they need to dial it on their phones.
- Then comes the IVR voice menu, which guides customers to speak with a live agent.
- This agent helps you in the cancellations of your Aeromexico Flights.
- You can ask the airline representatives at Aeromexico directly.
How much do I have to Pay for an Aeromexico Ticket Cancellation?
Though Aeromexico has eliminated the cancellation fees on many fare types and routes, there are still chances of a flight cancellation charge. The airline levies you an Aeromexico cancellation cost based on several factors:
- Your ticket type
- The destination
- Your route
- Time of canceling the flights
- Days left in the departure
For passengers canceling flights within 24 hours of booking, the Aeromexico cancellation policy 24 hours applies, which means no penalty charge. After this risk-free time, you may have to pay around 200 USD as a fee, especially when there is less than a day left in the flight’s departure.
Aeromexico does not charge any cancellation fee for flights between the USA, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Puerto Rico.
What is Aeromexico Refund Policy?
Passengers who have canceled their flights already look for ways to refund the tickets and not let their booking amount go in vain. But to accomplish this task, it is necessary to understand Aeromexico Refund Policy and rules better. Here are the details!
- Aeromexico usually transfers your refund within 7 to 10 days of the request; it can be 20 if you paid with cash or other ways.
- Passengers with Basic, Classic, AM, or Comfort fares are not entitled to a refund after 24 hours of the booking.
- The airline will deduct some cancellation charges from other eligible fares if they need a refund.
- You need to fill out the online request form to ask for a refund on the official website or contact the customer service team.
Can I Get a Refund If I Cancel my Flight to Aeromexico?
Yes, you can, and you will get an Aeromexico refund if you follow the steps mentioned below to request it:
- Find the official website of Aeromexico Airlines.
- Locate the “refunds” section.
- The different Aeromexico customer service refund phone numbers for different regions will be available here.
- Dial the contact number and connect to an agent to request the refund amount.
The online form request is only allowed for ARC accredited agents. So, when you have such a booking, you receive a refund usually after 12 months of the request. Learn more on the Aeromexico Airlines Cancellation policy and refund through their customer service team and get easy rebates on tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is the Aeromexico Cancellation Fee?
There is no fee for canceling Aeromexico Tickets within 24 hours of booking. After that, the fee depends on your fare type and time of cancellation, which can be anywhere between 100-400 USD.
Does Aeromexico Allow for Cancellation?
Aeromexico allows customers ticket cancellations under its 24-hour cancellation policy and get a refund to their original form of payment. The departure should be at least seven days after the booking date.
See also:- Aeromexico Booking