If you have booked your upcoming trip with JetBlue and are confused about JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy, then you are at the right place. You do not need to worry as the airline permits you to make easy cancellations for flight booking.
In addition, airlines can even process refunds for canceled flights. So you can avoid spending extra money on cancellations. Here, we are going to discuss the cancellation & refund policy of JetBlue.
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy
JetBlue has changed its Flight Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19. The new policy allows you to change or cancel tickets purchased up to June 7, 2021, including non-refundable tickets, at no charge.
- There is no cancellation fee for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint fares if canceled up to 1 day before the flight’s departure date.
- Cancellation fees for Blue Basic tariffs are as follows:
- The airline takes $100 for the US, Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America.
- USD 200 for other JetBlue flights.
- There is a $25 non-refundable fee for cancellations over the phone through JetBlue Customer Service.
- The airline will charge in addition to any applicable JetBlue cancellation fees (if any). However, you can avoid this charge by canceling online at JetBlue.com.
- If you cancel a non-refundable flight ticket, it will retain the fair value in your JetBlue Travel Credits for future JetBlue trips (usually within 12 months).
- You can access details through your Travel Bank account.
- If you booked through a third party, please get in touch with the third party directly for cancellation assistance.
JetBlue Airlines 24- hours Cancellation Policy
The US-based airline dedicates part of its cancellation policy to bookings made under given cancellation time. According to this JetBlue cancellation policy, passengers can initiate cancellations and get their money back. So familiarize yourself with JetBlue’s 24-hour flight cancellation policy so you can make inquiries, request refunds, and check flight status.
- If the customer booked their ticket seven days or before departure, they can cancel their booking within 24 hours of booking.
- This policy applies to all tickets, including non-refundable tickets but not to vacation bookings.
- JetBlue 24 hours cancellation can be processed online or by phone.
Fly Blue’s 24-hour risk-free flight cancelation approach expresses that regardless of the ticket admission, Moreover, a traveler can stay away from the flight cancellation charge. And even get a full discount by canceling the ticket within 24 hours from the reason behind booking.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy Due to Bad Weather
Weather is beyond anyone’s control. Therefore, delays due to bad weather conditions fall under uncontrollable reasons for JetBlue flight cancellation. The airline will allow customers to cancel their tickets for free.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Government or Military Personnel
JetBlue flight cancellation due to Government or Military Personnel will result in a full refund, and no cancellation charges are required. However, it depends upon the availability and eligibility difference in fare. If a passenger has a refundable ticket, they will get a full refund easily.
How do I Cancel JetBlue Flight Tickets?
Do you wish to cancel your flight with JetBlue airways? Are you not sure about the ways to cancel your flight? Well, there are several ways to cancel a JetBlue airways flight
Cancel through JetBlue Mobile App
You can cancel your ticket through the app or directly by visiting JetBlue’s official website. No matter what you choose, the steps are the same. Therefore, you only need to follow the Jetblue airlines cancellation Policy and there you go.
Cancel through JetBlue Official Site
- Firstly, visit the home section on the Jetblue App or open the homepage of JetBlue’s official website
- After that, Log in to your account by entering your credentials.
- Now, click “My Trip”
- Select “Manage Flights”
- This way, you can see a summary of your booking.
- Now select the flight you want to cancel and click the “Confirm” button to confirm your cancellation.
For instance, you will receive the confirmation message about the JetBlue cancel trip at your registered email address. And if you do not receive any message, you can dial their official phone number.
Cancel through JetBlue Phone Number
If you wish to cancel a flight with JetBlue, you must be aware of the Jetblue cancellation Policy in detail. Furthermore, JetBlue has one more cancellation method. And, Compared with the online process, this method is much easier. If you don’t like online processing, then you can use this offline method.
The offline method is nothing more than contacting the Jetblue Airways customer service. For instance, you only need to dial their contact number and wait to connect. Later, the customer service will continue to provide you with help and willingly resolve all your questions.
Moreover, you can simply dial 800-JET-BLUE (538-2583) and get a personalized one-to-one contact with JetBlue airlines.
Cancel your Flights Freely with Blue Extra Fares on JetBlue
A Blue extra is fundamentally one more name for a refundable ticket. Moreover, this kind of ticket permits you to cancel your ticket so you don’t need to hurry around without a second to spare.
Furthermore, With this ticket, you can likewise free yourself from the Jetblue cancellation charges. However, this is totally regardless of whether you cancel after the beautiful time of 24 hours
Canceling a Blue Basic Ticket
The blue fundamental ticket holder can’t get any discount as they are not qualified for a discount.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Fees
When a passenger cancels their flights after the risk-free cancellation period, they need to pay a cancellation amount. Further, the JetBlue airlines flight cancellation fees depend entirely on the fare and ticket type. According to JetBlue airlines, ticket types are divided into 4 different categories, called Bule, Blue plus, Blue extra, and Blue basic.
Cancellation Fees for Blue Plus Member
- If the fare is US$200 and above, you must pay a cancellation fee of US$200 for each ticket.
- Further, If the fare ranges from US$150 to US$199 and above, then you must pay a cancellation fee of US$150 per ticket.
- And, when the fare is between US$100 and US$149 and above, a cancellation fee of US$100 is required for each ticket.
Finally, If the ticket price is less than US$100, a cancellation fee of US$75 is required for each ticket.
|Blue Basic Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||100 USD||200 USD|
|Blue Fare, Blue Plus Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||75 USD||150 USD|
|Blue Extra Fare, Mint Fare||Flights within the U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America||Other International Routes|
|JetBlue Cancellation Fee||150 USD||200 USD|
How to Enjoy Jetblue Cancellation Fee Waiver Service?
Similarly, a passenger can even take benefit of the Jetblue cancellation fee waiver service. Further, this is available in three different ways. Moreover, the JetBlue cancellation policy retracts these points and you need to comply with all of them
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Compensation
You do not have to request compensation from JetBlue Airlines. If you are eligible, the airline will provide compensation within seven working days from the flight departure. However, the amount differs.
|JetBlue Ticket Cancellation||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation amount|
|Within 4 hours of flight:||150 USD Credit|
|After scheduled departure:||200 USD Credit|
|JetBlue Flight Delay Time||JetBlue Cancellation Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours between less than 4 hours||50 USD Credit|
|More than 4 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD Credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||150 USD Credit|
|6 or more hours||200 USD Credit|
|Delay time||Compensation Amount|
|More than 3 hours but less than 5 hours||100 USD credit|
|More than 5 hours but less than 6 hours||175 USD credit|
|6 or more hours||250 USD credit|
JetBlue Refund Policy
The JetBlue refund policy varies on the types of tickets you have purchased and the cancellation period. The instructions are as follows:
- If a customer booked a refundable ticket, they could cancel it anytime.
- But, if the customer purchased a non-refundable ticket, they will obtain the refund as e-credit. The cancellation charges also apply.
- Sometimes, customers cancel their flight booking under the cancellation period of booking. Then, they can get a full refunded amount and do not need to give cancellation charges.
Rules & Regulations of JetBlue Refund Policy
- Canceling all JetBlue tickets within 24 hours of the booking time when the flight is not departing within the next seven days makes you eligible for a full refund. Also, the refund amount credit directly goes to your base account.
- Jetblue provides all the amount to the original payment form for refundable fares cancelation. The only condition is that the passenger must cancel his flight before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
- If you fail to do so, the airline will put your ticket value to the JetBlue Travel Bank credit to be only applicable for future travel bookings.
- Cancellation of non-refundable tickets incurs some extra charges, which you must pay to receive the ticket amount in the form of credit. Only for the 24-hour risk-free period, the ticket value remains intact after that; it is necessary to pay a fee.
- Blue basic passengers must pay a 100 USD fee for all routes within the USA< Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America, whereas it is 200 USD for any other route.
- There are no cancellation charges for Blue, Blue Plus, Mint, and Extra fares by jetBlue under the Jetblue refund rules.
- Canceling award tickets cancel both legs of your ticket; a single leg is not possible, and you get the JetBlue credit as a refund.
Though Jetblue refundable tickets cost more than the general ones, they will increase your chance of getting a refund. It’d be better if you chose to purchase them instead of non-refundable ones.
How to Make a JetBlue Refund Request?
Now that you know the JetBlue airlines refund rules in detail, you must get a clear idea of making refund requests. Well, requesting a flight refund on JetBlue is simple. With two simple methods, you can place a request for a refund. JetBlue’s refund policy allows you to claim a refund using online and offline modes.
Method 1: Request For a Refund Via Online
- First, open the official website of JetBlue Airways.
- Second, click on the “My Trips” option.
- Now, select the “manage Trip” option.
- Enter your booking details and cancel your flight.
- Provide your bank details to get a refund. Click on the confirm.
- At last, The refunded amount will be credited to your account within 7 to 14 working days.
Method 2: Claim a Refund Via Airline’s Contact Number
- An offline mode is available in the JetBlue Airline flight refund policy.
- You can directly call customer service and talk to a live representative to start your refund process.
- They will assist you and help to process your refund.
- Then, you have to tell them your booking & account details.
- At last, wait for a few days to get your refund amount in your account.
JetBlue Cancellation Policy for Several Jetblue Fares
For Non-Refundable Tickets
Due to the pandemic collapse, if you make a Jetblue Booking at any time around February 28, 2021, and cancel the ticket after the risk-free period, JetBlue Airways will make certain changes to the cancellation policy based on the new update, and JetBlue Airways will Provide your electronic credit can be used for your future flights until 18 months from the date of cancellation.
Besides, if you do not show up at the airport, your ticket will not be canceled or changed. Moreover, JetBlue’s cancellation policy will not even provide any form of refund. Further, if you use a real blue dot to buy a ticket and eventually cancel it, then JetBlue will credit the fare to your account.
For Refundable Tickets
Refundable pockets may be a bit heavy, but they are definitely worth the money.
Furthermore, on buying a refundable JetBlue ticket, you can receive a full refund for your flight cancellation. Hence, based on the JetBlue cancel Flight Policy regardless of the time and date, you will receive a full refund and no cancellation fees.
Canceling Ticket by a Mosaic Member
If you wish to cancel by becoming a Mosaic member, you can cancel your JetBlue booking without any cancellation charges or fees.
Furthermore, To become a member of Mosaic, you should collect at least 15,000 flight points in a year. Or you can fly 30 flight segments and collect 12,000 flight points in a year
Canceling a Refundable Ticket When Unprepared
The refundable Jetblue Booking is great assuming you are uncertain with regards to your outing. Or then again in case you are somebody who tosses things to the latest possible second.
With this kind of reasonable expression, you can cancel your ticket regardless of time. But then you will get your flight fare in a breeze without paying irritating crossing out expenses.
Fee Waiver with Mosaic Status
Over every one of the given ways this can be superior and once answer for wiping out expenses, by being an individual from this gathering you will get to partake in every one of the advantages of the participation, and deferring the retraction is, luckily, one among them.
Tickets Booked by Travel Agency
Even if you book a ticket through a third-party JetBlue Airways, you can cancel or change the ticket through the official website. For instance, go to the “Manage Itinerary” page and make the necessary flight changes or cancellations. Besides, you can cancel a ticket booked by a third party by directly contacting JetBlue’s phone number.
Though JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy allows you to cancel such tickets, you can not directly request the cancellation. Moreover, a service fee of $50 will be charged for each ticket. This service fee applies to any type of changes you make using JetBlue over the phone.
Finally, if you are unable to perform any flight cancellations directly through the website, then you should consult an organization that insists on helping you.
How can I Reschedule or Rebook a JetBlue Flight?
If a passenger is willing to rebook or reschedule their JetBlue tickets, they can simply visit the official website of Jetblue. After that, head to the Manage Booking section and follow the onscreen instructions. Hence, you can ensure your new flight for your preferred schedule with Jetblue Airways.
Furthermore, if you wish you can even rebook your flights or change the schedule by calling the Jetblue team, The airline agents are available throughout the day to offer you the required assistance without a delay.
For instance, note that you must have your flight confirmation number, and the passengers’ basic information to access your flight details.
Here, we have discussed the JetBlue flight cancellation policy, in which we learn about cancellation fees, refund policy, etc. If still, you have any queries regarding this, you can talk to our travel experts by calling our customer service number. They will assist you and solve your questions early.
Q- Does JetBlue Refund for Cancelled Flights?
Yes, JetBlue provides refunds for canceled flights without taking any extra charges.
Q-Does JetBlue have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
Yes, customers can cancel their flight booking to be eligible for a refund.
Q- How long does it take for JetBlue to refund money?
The airline takes approx. Twenty working days to provide your refund money in your account.
Q- How much does it cost to cancel a JetBlue flight?
As per the JetBlue cancellation policy, the cancellation cost is $100 per person.
Q- Can you cancel a JetBlue Flight within 24 hours?
Yes, customers can rescind their booking within 24 cancellation time.
See More JetBlue Airlines Related Articles:-
- How to Change JetBlue Flight Booking?
- Jetblue Low Fare Calendar
- How do I access my JetBlue Travel Bank?
- Jetblue Booking
- How Can I choose my Flight Seat on JetBlue Airlines?
- Jetblue Same day Flight Change
- How to Book Multi-City Flights on JetBlue?
- Jetblue Lost and Found
- How Can I Ask Anything on JetBlue Airways?
- What is JetBlue Mosaic Membership?
- How To Book First Class Flights on JetBlue?
- How to Get an Upgrade to JetBlue Mint?
- JetBlue Red Eye Flights
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at JetBlue Airways?