Did you book an Aeromexico Flight, and there’s a change in plans? Do you want to cancel your flights and don’t know how? You can take a look at the Aeromexico Cancellation Policy & obtain a refund easily.
The airline is always offering its passengers excellent flight options. So, just follow the terms & conditions for your fare type & get it done! In the coming subsections, you will see all the information on the Aeromexico flight cancellation & refund process.
Passengers from USA & Canada looking up Aeromexico Cancellations & Refunds can dial Aeromexico Refund phone number 1 800 237 6639 to make the requests.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aeromexico Airlines Cancellation Policy
- 1.1 Aeromexico 24 Hours Flight Cancellation Policy
- 1.2 How do I Cancel my Flight with Aeromexico?
- 1.3 Aeromexico Airlines Refund Policy
- 1.4 Aeromexico Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
Aeromexico Airlines Cancellation Policy
Below you will find certain conditions that you need to fulfill before you move on to make flight cancellations after 24 hours of the Aeromexico Booking :-
- The Aeromexico airlines cancellation policy only applies to the flight tickets made with the airline’s official booking channels like the website, customer service, or ticketing office.
- There is no cancellation charge for tickets canceled within the first 24 hours of reservations; there is no cancellation charge. But after that, you are liable to pay a penalty amount.
- The cancellation fee is calculated as per the fare conditions & fare type. Also, your destination, route, and time of cancellation have a great impact on this fee.
- Aeromexico has eliminated the ticket cancellation fee for their Business, First, Premium Economy, & Economy Short-haul flights. This applies to both domestic & international tickets.
- For a change of plans, the Aeromexico cancelation policy allows the passengers to cancel flights and preserve the value of their ticket. But the fare difference fee will be there if the new flight costs more than the initial one.
- The airline does not allow free cancellation of your seats. So, your refund amount will be after deducting the seat charge.
- The ticket cancellation policy on Aeromexico flights is applicable for both restricted & non-restricted tickets.
- Tickets canceled after 24 hours are subject to a $200 flight cancellation fee in order to ask for a refund from the airline.
Passengers can also decide on making Aeromexico Flight Change instead of cancellation if they think they’ll be traveling again soon enough & have a new date in mind.
Aeromexico 24 Hours Flight Cancellation Policy
When canceling flights, the ground rule says you gotta have your money back at any cost. But what if you could get it back for free?
With Aeromexico 24 hour cancellation policy, you can now get a full ticket refund for free. Read the given information carefully:
- You cancel flight tickets within 24 hours of the booking.
- The departure date is at least seven days from the initial booking.
- If these two conditions withhold, you will get your booking amount to the original payment form without any extra costs for any fare type.
- Aeromexico Cancellation policy applies for flights canceled after this 24-hour risk-free period, and you have to pay the penalty per the airline’s fare rules.
Reasons For Aeromexico Flight Cancellation
Due to multiple obligations, passengers may be required to cancel their flight reservations. The last-moment flight changes may hamper your entire journey. Moreover, some unexpected or unavoidable situation happens at any time. Therefore, being aware of the causes can be helpful to you.
Let’s discuss some other reasons that cause Aeromexico flight cancellation:
- Passengers may be unable to attend their flight on time when they are not feeling well.
- If a customer has to attend a sudden important meeting.
- When a passenger’s death or any family member’s sudden demise can spoil their trip.
- One of the common reasons for flight cancellation is air traffic congestion.
- Moreover, sudden gatherings can happen anytime, preventing passengers from flying.
How do I Cancel my Flight with Aeromexico?
If the cancellation policy is clear in your mind, let’s move to Aeromexico flight cancellations and process. You can cancel your Aeromexico flights at the airport, over the phone, or online via the website.
Method 1: Make Aeromexico Flight Cancellation Online
- You need to visit the official website of Aeromexico & log in to your account.
- Now, find the Manage reservations page and provide your record locator with the last name.
- You’ll now see the Change or Cancel trip next to your flight details.
- After that, you can click on the Aeromexico cancel flight option.
- Here, select the flight segment you want to cancel & review the cancellation policy from the pop-up.
- The new page will first reflect the refund value which you will get.
- Confirm your cancellation and complete the process.
- Finally, the airline will send you a confirmation email with the refund status by checking the link to your registered ID.
Method 2: Calling the Customer Service to Cancel a Flight
Passengers can also cancel their Aeromexico Flight Booking offline via the airline’s contact number. To delete your reservation from the airline’s system, follow these steps:
- Call on the Aeromexico customer service phone number (toll-free).
- Select your preferred language and follow the instructions from the automated voice.
- Choose the right option, and an agent will respond soon.
- Explain the ticket information & verify your identity.
- Choose the trip you wish to cancel and give the relevant flight details with a valid reason for cancellation.
- Confirm the cancellation with the agent’s help & choose the method to pay for the cancellation.
Ultimately, the agent will cancel your flight from his side and send you a confirmation email. The refund amount will, however, depend on the Aeromexico cancellation policy.
Aeromexico Airlines Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee applies when you cancel the flight booking after 24 hours. The cancellation fee keeps on extending until the travel date comes closer. Moreover, if you rescind your reservation within 24 hours of departure, Aeromexico cancellation charges may be approx. $ 100 to $ 400.
According to the Aeromexico cancellation policy, the airline takes amounts to cancel a flight after a risk-free period. Consequently, you should always cancel your flight booking within 24 hours of booking so that you do not pay extra charges. Besides, the cancellation charges depend upon factors such as time, route, type of ticket, etc.
Aeromexico Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy Due To Bad Weather
- As per Aeromexico Airlines’ cancellation policy, if the airline cancels a flight due to unexpected weather conditions. Then, the passenger can get a full refund without paying any cancellation charges.
- The airline will charge a cancellation fee based on the passenger’s ticket type, class, or destination.
- Passengers can rescind their flight reservation by visiting Aeromexico Airlines’ official website, reservation center, or third-party flight booking platform.
- Customers must fill out a request form to request a refund.
- According to the Aeromexico flight cancellation policy, the airline will pay the flight cancellation charges if a passenger is not well or suffering from any illness.
Covid-19 Flight Cancellation Policy Of Aeromexico Airlines
Sometimes, passengers or the airline cancel their flight due to safety reasons. Moreover, passengers who cancel their flight reservation can ask for a full refund. Furthermore, you will not need to pay cancellation charges during COVID emergencies. If the flight tickets are nonrefundable or promotional, you can be qualified for a free flight cancellation. Thus, excluding the Basic Economy tickets, all types of fares are permitted due to the COVID cancellation policy of Aeromexico Airlines.
Aeromexico Airlines Refund Policy
- Under the risk-free 24 hour period, Aeromexico offers a free ticket cancellation.
- As per the Aeromexico refund policy, passengers can get a full refund for their premium or flexible tickets.
- The penalty is your full ticket cost if the flight cancellation is made within three days before the departure.
- For tickets canceled due to natural causes, there won’t be a cancellation fee or penalty.
- The ticket refund date is as per your booking payment method.
- Passengers must complete an online refund form to process their refunds from Aeromexico.
- If you are a no-show for your flight without prior notice or cancellation, you can not get any refunds.
How do I Request a Refund from Aeromexico Canceled Flight?
To request a refund for an Aeromexico Cancelled flight, you have two options; online & offline. You can follow the Aeromexico ticket refund policy and fill up a refund request form, or simply call the Aeromexico refund phone number.
To make a refund request online
- Go to the Aeromexico official website and log in.
- Enter the Refunds section & select the country you are flying to/from.
- If you are from Mexico, click on the refund form link under the country name.
- Move to the next page, where you must enter your ticket number with its supposed prefix.
- Click continue to complete the refund request.
- The airline will review your request & provide a refund as per your payment method.
The online refund request form option is only available for totally unused refundable tickets purchased in Mexican pesos using a credit or debit card & has a less than 12 months repayment date from the booking date.
What Happens If You Deny Boarding or Involuntary Cancellation?
If your flight reservation is canceled or you have been refused due to overbooking or government travel restrictions. Here are the following options that you can consider in these conditions:
- Passengers can reschedule their flight reservations without paying any extra charges. A fare difference would not be charged under the Aeromexico cancellation policy.
- If passengers have a schedule change within 14 days of departure, you will not be charged a fare difference under any situation.
- With Aeromexico Airlines, if you cancel your flight booking within two weeks of departure, you can get a full refund of the fare.
- Passengers can claim a refund for 115% of the base fare value if they do not select an alternate flight.
- In the event of involuntary cancellation, read the given below points that you need to consider:
- If your flight booking is determined due to a delay, you can claim canceled flight compensation as a refund.
- Moreover, the refund value must be parallel to 115% of the value of the purchased flight ticket.
- If Aeromexico cancels the flight, you will be issued a travel credit voucher valid for a year. Also, the trip must be completed within 3303 days from the booking date.
- Passengers with Basic or value fares affected by the involuntary cancellation are eligible to ask for a refund.
Aeromexico Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
A flight booking can be canceled by the Aeromexico Airline due to certain circumstances. But, you do not need to be concerned about that. Because the airline has specified some conditions for its passengers’ compensation, passengers can acquire a full refund in the form of compensation or rebook a flight.
Nevertheless, there are some other following conditions that you need to follow:
- A passenger can get the Aeromexico canceled flight compensation of $300 if the route is covered under 1500 Km.
- Besides, customers can receive $ 485 for distances between 1500 & 3500 kilometers.
- Passengers who covered 3500 Km can obtain $ 725.
- Moreover, If your flight is canceled without notifying you at least fourteen days before the travel date, then passengers have the right to claim a refund for up to €600.
- In case of a delayed flight, passengers can rebook their flight to the next available flight for the same destination. Along with that, they can ask for hotel accommodation and airport transfers.
- On canceled or delayed flights, you can additionally select to reschedule your trip for any time within a year after the cancellation date. Remember that you will have to pay any fee in this scenario.
Passengers can check the Aeromexico Cancellation policy & refund rules to request a refund for any fare type as per the fare conditions. However, for refund requests other than Mexico, you can directly call on the Aeromexico Refund phone number and speak to the airline experts for help.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q- Can I cancel my flight and get a refund from Aeromexico?
Yes, you can acquire a refund for your canceled Aeromexico flights. Moreover, customers can visit its official website or call customer service at 1 860 590 8822 to claim a refund.
Q- Can I cancel my and get a full refund?
With Aeromexico Airlines, passengers can rescind their flight reservation within a day of booking. Due to this, they can obtain a full refund.
Q- Can you cancel a flight once it’s booked?
Yes, you can cancel or rebook a flight after confirmed booking. However, depending on your flight ticket fare, you have to pay some charges.
Q- How do I cancel my Aeromexico flight online?
To cancel your flight online, you need to open the official website, select “Manage Trip,” and enter your booking details. After that, click on find to retrieve your reservation. Once you get your booking details, cancel your booking by following the mentioned instructions.
Q- How much does Aeromexico charge to cancel a flight?
Moreover, if passengers cancel their flight booking within 24 hours of departure, the airline cancellation fees would be $ 100 to $ 400 per ticket.
Q- How much does Aeromexico charge to change flights?
With Aeromexico, customers can change their flight booking according to their suitability. However, the cost to change the flight ranges from $200-$350 per person & depends on your ticket type.
Q- What happens when you cancel a nonrefundable airline ticket?
The airline will not provide a refund if passengers cancel their nonrefundable flight tickets.
Q- How many days before we can cancel flight tickets?
If you book your flight reservation seven days before the departure, you can make changes in your booking without paying a charge.
Q- How much are flight ticket cancellation charges?
Aeromexico charges INR 3500 for flight ticket cancellation.
Q- How much will it cost to reschedule a flight?
If you reschedule a flight booking with Aeromexico, you must pay INR 2750 or flight ticket fee plus fare.
Q- Why did Aeromexico cancel flights?
The airline canceled its flights in Jan due to a highly contagious outbreak of COVID-19.
Q- How do I file a claim with Aeromexico?
If you want help regarding a refund request, you can dial +52 (55) 5133 4000 at any time.