Unaccompanied Minors Policy Sun Country Airlines | Dial 651-905-2737 now!
According to the Sun Country Unaccompanied Minors Policy, if the children aged 14 can be escorted by an adult. Besides, the children aged between 15 to 17 are allowed to travel within the U.S and Puerto Rico with a single child. The age of the single child should be between 5 to 14. Moreover, the airline facilitates children with special facilities during travel. Also, the airline has made several rules for unaccompanied minors.
Age Limitations for Unaccompanied Minor On Sun Country Flights
- Children traveling to or from Central America, Mexico, or the Caribbean must carry a passport.
- Moreover, children under the age of 14 may book travel within the United States and Puerto Rico only when accompanied by an adult between the ages of 15 and 17.
- Children ages 15-17 may travel alone within the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Moreover, children between the ages of 5 and 14 must fly with an adult passenger aged 15 or over.
- Young adults (ages 15-17) traveling with children aged 5-14 do not pay the Sun Country Unaccompanied Minor Fee. When a minor is in the same room as a young adult.
- Unless you are the minor’s parents, you must be at least 18 to be responsible for accompanying minors.
Infants on Lap Travel with Sun Country
If any passenger traveling with an infant should add this information when they book their Sun Country flight tickets on the official website. On the other hand, you can connect with Sun Country Airlines customer services staff. They will help you and assist you with everything.
Rules for International Travel
Sun Country’s minors policy requires passengers to be at least 18 years of age to be responsible for minors. Moreover –
- Passengers carrying infants on their lap on flights from international airports to the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) will be charged a fee for infants.
- Besides, children’s rates vary depending on their country of origin. The costs will be calculated accordingly if the customer takes a return flight.
- Similarly, children traveling with an adult without a parent or legal guardian require an authorized power of attorney per Sun Country Unaccompanied Minors Policy.
- Further, specific documents are required for each country. We recommend that you contact your nearest embassy or consulate for more information.
Requirements for Unaccompanied Minors
Sun country Airlines will ask you to show some documents that show the age of your child. Further, you must have the following documents at the time of boarding of your unaccompanied minor:
- Birth Certificate
- Vaccination Record
- Also, for infants between 3 and 14 days of age, a certificate from the baby’s doctor giving travel authorization is required.
Other Necessary Information
- According to the policy of Sun Country Unaccompanied minors, children must be exiled in the company of an adult passenger whose age is up to 15 years old.
- Besides, babies must always be on an adult’s lap during takeoff and landing.
- On the other hand, one lap is allowed per passenger.
- However, infants on laps are not allowed to sit near emergency exits in rows.
Kids Restraint System In Sun Country Airlines
If you are willing to understand the Sun Country kids’ restraint system, then you need to understand the points mentioned below carefully:
- If you reserve a flight ticket with Sun Country for your child, they can enjoy a hard-backed comfortable child-safety seat or restraint next to you or your parents.
- Similarly, you have to take care of your child’s seat by using the seat belt for your child’s safety
- You do not need to pay additional costs for your kids’ seats.
- But, you must be responsible for the car seat of your kid.
How Do I Book Sun Country Minors Service?
Travelers can book Sun Country service for unaccompanied minors by completing an online form or by calling the airline’s toll-free number 651-905-2737. For hand-to-hand help, call 1-860-364-8556 and immediately reach out to a customer service employee. In addition, stakeholders will take note of travel needs and requirements and make appropriate bookings.
How Much Charges for Booking Unaccompanied Minors Sun Country Flights?
You must pay Sun Country unaccompanied minor fees of USD 75 on every flight segment to reserve a Sun Country Airlines ticket for unaccompanied minors. Also, the airline waives the payment of the first baggage fee for minors. You can also make payment by phone or at check-in at the airport.
To avail more information, you can talk to a live person by dialing Sun Country customer service to get instant assistance or find the details by visiting the official website.