Table of Contents
- 1 Lot Polish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, Process, and Fee
- 1.1 Procedure to Book Unaccompanied Minor Service at LOT Polish
- 1.2 What Are the Age Restrictions For LOT Unaccompanied Minors?
- 1.3 Guidelines For The LOT Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- 1.4 Documents Needed To Book Lot Polish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
- 1.5 What Services Offered To LOT Airlines Unaccompanied Minors?
- 1.6 How Much Does It Cost To Book A LOT of Polish Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Lot Polish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy, Process, and Fee
Do you wish to make your child travel alone? If so, Lot Polish Airlines designed a special program to ensure their safety during travel for all the children from the age of the child until their 18th birthday who are required to travel alone. Lot Polish Unaccompanied Minor Policy allows children to travel alone and requires a written consent letter from a guardian or parents. In the blog below, we will discuss the important aspects that make you book your minor on the airline.
Procedure to Book Unaccompanied Minor Service at LOT Polish
The airline provides various ways that make you able to book flights for your child traveling alone. Further more, carefully review the below methods and use them as per your suitability.
Through Customer Service
- Communicate with the LOT Polish Airlines reservation center in order to reserve a flight for your minor.
- Moreover, inform the representative over the call that your child will be traveling alone as an unaccompanied minor.
- Then, share all the required details for the person who will pick up your child at the destination airport.
- Now, making the payment for the Unaccompanied minor fee may be costlier than the normal fare.
- Further, fill out a LOT Airlines unaccompanied minor form that can be acquired from the airline’s main website and show it to the gate agent at the time of check-in.
- Ensure that your child has all the necessary details, including an I.D. card and passport, before boarding the flight.
- After that, accompany the minor to the airport and make sure that the child has checked in properly for their flight.
- Give detailed information to the specific person who will take your child to the arrival airport. The details may include flight information, contact information, and other associated details.
- Also, you must confirm that your child has safely reached the destination by contacting the designated person who meets your child.
Note:- You cannot book a LOT Airlines unaccompanied minor service on LOT through the airline’s official website. Moreover, there are multiple ways to do the same.
Through Social Media
Connect with the airline through social media platforms to book a LOT of Unaccompanied minor services for your child. Moreover, the airline is available on Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, & Facebook.
You must connect with LOT Airlines when you are willing to reserve a flight for your child as an unaccompanied minor through email. Every carrier has its own rules and regulations for booking an unaccompanied minor. So, checking with the particular airline you want to book with is suggested.
Moreover, you have to provide the information mentioned below to the airline.
- The name, age, and contact details of the child.
- Also, the contact information and the name of the person who will pick up and drop off the child at the airport.
- The special request or need for the flight of the child, if any.
- Payment information to complete the booking.
- Moreover, the airline sometimes requires you to fill out and submit additional documents or forms like before the booking and consent letter.
Note:- Remember that the unaccompanied minor service is not applicable for all flights of the airline according to the LOT Polish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy.
What Are the Age Restrictions For LOT Unaccompanied Minors?
LOT’s special Unaccompanied Minor service is necessary When children between 5 and 12 years old are traveling alone. A child below 12 years old is not allowed to fly alone on LOT Airlines. Besides, children between 12 and 17 can travel alone as unaccompanied minors, and the service is optional. It is advisable to connect with the airline to know the changes in policy, if any.
Children Under 5 Years Old
- Children under five years old cannot travel alone, but they can travel with an adult of 18 years old.
- In addition, the child will be accompanied by an assigned crew member from the time of luggage and ticket check-in until the minor is picked up through a designated adult at the arrival airport under the LOT unaccompanied minor policy.
- All U.S. airlines that offered unaccompanied minor service allow kids to start using it at age 5 (mostly for the non-stop flights only).
- Similarly, you have to pay for the ticket of a flight attendant when you wish to use the escort service.
Children Between 5 And 12 Years
- Special assistance is available for children ages 5-12. However, they are not required to travel as unaccompanied minors.
- Children under 12 can travel unaccompanied with the assistance of ground and cabin crew of the airline.
- Both assigned airport service ground workers and a designated person of the LOT cabin crew care.
Children Aged Between 12 and 17 Years Old
Children who are between 12 and 17 can travel alone without any adults.
Moreover, they can travel with ground staff and a member of the guardians at the guardian or parents’ desire.
Guidelines For The LOT Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Some rules need to be followed before booking the unaccompanied minor service of the airline.
- LOT Polish Airlines permits unaccompanied minors services on its some specified flights. The service is mandatory for children traveling without an adult.
- An unaccompanied minor is a child traveling on a commercial flight, train, or conveyance without a legal guardian.
- Besides, children under the age of 12 must use this service regardless of any travel journey.
- However, children between 12 and 17 can use the unaccompanied minor service, but it is not compulsory for them.
- Lot Polish unaccompanied minor program needs to book through the Lot Contact Center or Sales Offices.
- Moreover, you must request to book this service up to 48 hours before the flight departure.
- Additionally, the child must have all the necessary documents during travel, such as a passport and photo I.D.
- The child’s health should be good, and he/she should be able to travel alone without their parents.
- Also, the child should be able to follow & understand the airline staff.
- Likewise, parents must keep detailed instructions with the child regarding their journey and other necessary information.
- On the other hand, the child should also have written consent and their information.
- Along with this, the information of the person who will pick up the child at the destination must be with the child.
Documents Needed To Book Lot Polish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service
The airline requires some documents when booking an unaccompanied program on LOT. Further, check out the below points:
- The unaccompanied minor form offered by LOT Airlines is signed and complete.
- A photocopy of the birth certificate and passport of the child.
- Similarly, a signed letter of consent from parents and guardians permits the child to travel alone.
- In addition, the complete contact information of both the child and the designated person who will meet the child at the arrival airport to pick him/her up.
- Moreover, the additional documents needed for the Unaccompanied minor international flights LOT Polish such as Visa.
Note:- Ensure that the requirements for the documents may vary as it depends on the destination and the route of the travel. So, checking the airline’s website to get updated with the latest information about the necessary documents before booking for a particular program is advisable.
What Services Offered To LOT Airlines Unaccompanied Minors?
The parents or guardians must accompany their child at the airport. However, you must stay at the airport until flight departure in the case of LOT flight ticket cancellation. The airline provides some additional services to the minors as given below:
- Arrive at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the departure when you book an international flight.
- In addition, you can reach the airport 30 minutes before the departure for the domestic flight.
- Also, parents or guardians have to fill out the carriage form.
- Similarly, the airline will provide a special neck bag that contains all the paperwork, such as a boarding permit and passport.
- Moreover, the bag of the child will identify a unique tag that helps to find the luggage easily at the time of pick up.
- Also, the staff member at the airport will take care of your child before or during travel.
- The unaccompanied minors will board the plane first.
- The staff members will assist the child in getting their luggage and picked up from the aircraft.
- Similarly, an assigned staff member will take your child to the exit gate after landing and leave him/her to the person you allocated.
How Much Does It Cost To Book A LOT of Polish Unaccompanied Minor Service?
The ticket amount includes a LOT of unaccompanied minor fees for the escort service and special assistance. In addition to this, the airline charges per passenger per route even when the siblings are traveling together. Besides, you need to pay the value for the ticket of the flight attendant when you want to get the escort service.
|LOT Unaccompanied Minor Fee (in USD)
After reading the above information, all your doubts regarding the LOT Unaccompanied minor policy will clear. The airline has made some limitations on the age of the children. Hopefully, this blog will reduce your stress, and you can prepare your child to travel alone hassle-free. You can get more information by connecting with the airline’s professionals.