Table of Contents
- 1 Guide On Spirit Unaccompanied Minors Policy & Fee (2023)
- 1.1 Terms & Conditions Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors
- 1.2 Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- 1.3 How to Book a Flight For Spirit Unaccompanied Minors?
- 1.4 How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charge For Unaccompanied Minor?
Guide On Spirit Unaccompanied Minors Policy & Fee (2023)
Are you concerned about your minor traveling alone by air on Spirit Airlines? If yes, you need to know the Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor policy guidelines. With this policy, minors aged between 15 to 17 years may travel alone without restriction.
Moreover, you can conveniently and comfortably book the flight for your minor without paying any fees. However, Spirit Airlines don’t permit unaccompanied minors on international flights. But, there are some specified guidelines and age limits that you need to adhere to.
If you are willing to learn the unaccompanied policy of Spirit Airlines, you should read this web page carefully. Therefore, the details below will help you book Spirit Airlines minor tickets hassle-free.
Terms & Conditions Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minors
Under Spirit unaccompanied minor policy, when you book a flight for your minor who is below 17 years old, then should be aware of the following guidelines:
- The unaccompanied minors on Spirit are not allowed to book international flights except those to and from Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands.
- Also, it would be best if you always mentioned in your flight reservation that this is for an unaccompanied minor.
- Unaccompanied minors on Spirit Airlines are not allowed to check in from Spirit’s website.
- Moreover, minors must complete their check-in one hour before the flight’s departure.
- Unaccompanied minors aged between 5 to 17 can check the same baggage as adults.
- People accompanying their minors at the airport must get their gate pass issues from the counter.
- Similarly, non-traveling people must have valid ID proof in exchange for a gate pass.
- Minor passengers cannot board connected, international, or domestic flights with a schedule change.
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Every minor is not permitted to board alone on Spirit Airlines as the airlines have some limitations for unaccompanied minors. Here you can acknowledge the age criteria to obtain a good understanding.
For Four Years & Younger
Minors aged four or younger than this cannot travel alone. But there must be someone up to 15 years old to accompany them.
For Five to Fourteen Years
Minors aged five to fourteen are allowed as unaccompanied minors if they are not traveling with adults of 15 years. Besides, children can travel on direct flights.
For Fifteen Years & Above
If you request Unaccompanied minor service, you must pay Spirit Airlines an unaccompanied minor fee. Minors who are 15 years old or older than this do not need unaccompanied minor service. However, they should have a birth certificate and a picture ID.
How to Book a Flight For Spirit Unaccompanied Minors?
Use the airline’s official website to book unaccompanied minors flights on Spirit Airlines. However, Spirit does not allow an online check-in facility for unaccompanied minors.
Follow the Below Steps To Book Flight Online:-
- Firstly, visit the official website of Spirit Airlines.
- Second, click on the “Book Flights” option.
- Now, make a flight booking for your minor like you normally do.
- Mention your trip details and select the child flying on the flight.
- After that, select the “Search flight” button.
- Next, enter the details of your minor and click on the “Continue” button.
- You will see a page that will tell you if you are eligible for travel or not.
- Moreover, the page will show the Spirit Airline unaccompanied minor fee.
- Then, read the policies for minor eligibility criteria and click on the “Accept” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and confirm your booking.
- Lastly, make an online payment for your flight booking.
Follow the Below Steps To Book Flight Offline
- First, you can call Spirit Airlines customer service.
- Secondly, you will connect to a live agent.
- They will help in booking unaccompanied minors’ flight tickets.
- Then, you need to pay a fee for unaccompanied minor booking.
- Moreover, ensure that you will have to reach the airport 2 hours before the departure.
Note: Due to any circumstances, if you need to cancel your minors flight reservation, do it 24 hours before the departure. Otherwise, you will have to pay cancellation fees.
How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charge For Unaccompanied Minor?
According to the Unaccompanied Minor Spirit Airlines, you can book unaccompanied minor flight tickets online and offline. Moreover, the airline charges $100 per minor booking. The fee covers the cost of snacks and beverages. However, if you book a round-trip, $ 200 will be the unaccompanied minor fee on Spirit.
If you need to book an unaccompanied minor flight with Spirit, read the information above carefully. If you still have any doubt, you can talk to a travel agent. Moreover, call us at our customer helpline to get instant help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much does Spirit charge for an Unaccompanied Minor?
Spirit Airlines $100 as an unaccompanied fee on each minor. Besides, they charge $ 200 per minor for round-trip flight tickets.
Q. Can a 14-year-old fly alone on Spirit Airlines?
Yes, minors aged 5 to 14 can travel alone as unaccompanied minors on Delta Airlines.
Q. Can minors fly unaccompanied on Spirit Airlines?
Yes, children five to14 years old can travel alone on direct flights domestically.
Q. How old do you have to be to travel alone on Spirit?
If your minors are aged between 5 to 14, they will count as unaccompanied minors. Moreover, children under five years cannot travel as unaccompanied minors on Delta Airlines.
Q. How do I avoid unaccompanied minor fees?
Children ages 13 to 17 may ask for the unaccompanied minor service. Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor fees are waived for those minors who have attended MVP gold, MVP, or Gold 75k mileage plan status.
Q. Does Spirit require ID for minors?
If you use Spirit Airline’s unaccompanied minor service, your minor should have a valid government-issued photo ID or birth certificate.
Q. What documents does my child need to fly Spirit?
Minors of 2 years should have their ticket and a reserved separate seat. Therefore, your minor should have valid identity proof and a birth certificate for flying as an unaccompanied minor.
Q. Does Spirit require ID for minors?
The ID requirements for Delta Airline’s unaccompanied minors are valid government-issued photo ID or birth certificate.
Q. Does Spirit Airlines check birth certificates?
Yes, Spirit Airlines requires a birth certificate of your minor for unaccompanied minor flight booking.
Q. How do minors fly alone?
Children aged between 12 to 15 are eligible to travel alone by air. However, they must acknowledge the form of Indemnity at the date of departure at the airport’s check-in desk.
Q. Can a 16-year-old fly alone without their parent’s permission?
Yes, they can travel alone with their id-proof without the demand of a child travel consent form. However, it is allowed only for domestic routes.
Q. Do you need an ID to fly at 17 Spirit?
Travelers 18 years or older must have a valid, government-issued photo identification card. Otherwise, they can’t travel by air on Spirit Airlines.
See More Spirit Airlines Related Articles:-
- Spirit Airlines Change Flight
- How do I Change the Name on a Spirit Airlines Ticket?
- Spirit Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- What Happens if I Miss a Spirit Airlines Flight?
- Book Spirit Airlines Group Travel
- Spirit Airlines offer Vacation Packages
- How to Redeem a Spirit Airlines Credit Voucher?
- Spirit Airlines Reservations
- How to Select Spirit Airlines Seat Selection?
- How Do I Speak to a Live Person at Spirit Airlines?