Table of Contents
- 1 KLM Unaccompanied Minor Policy, Service, Fee
- 1.1 Unaccompanied Minor Policy Offered By KLM Airlines
- 1.2 Highlights of KLM Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- 1.3 How To Book KLM Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- 1.4 What Documents Required For KLM Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Booking?
- 1.5 What Is KLM Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee?
KLM Unaccompanied Minor Policy, Service, Fee
Does your child need to travel alone? It will be interesting for them because KLM unaccompanied minor policy ensures your child’s safety and comfort and even provides reliable assistance on board and at the airport.
Moreover, parents need to be familiar with every piece of information about the minor policy of KLM Airlines. With this, you will know how your child will be safe with KLM when they travel alone. Further, go through the below points for better knowledge.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy Offered By KLM Airlines
- When children travel alone with their parents, KLM Airlines cares for their safety and comfort.
- Moreover, the airline staff also look after you until the child boards the right plane.
- Also, your child will get complete assistance in case of delays or another issue.
- Besides, unaccompanied minors KLM are only allowed to travel for direct flights.
- On the other hand, the flights served by Air France, Delta, and KLM Airlines allow children to travel alone.
- However, KLM Unaccompanied Minor service is optional for kids aged 15 and including 17 years old.
For Children Between 5 to 14 Years Old
Is your child between the age of 5 to 14 and traveling with an adult who is 18 or above? / Is your kid traveling in another class than the person accompanying them? You must know about regular flight tickets and buy the KLM unaccompanied service.
For Children Between 15 and 17
The Unaccompanied Minors service is an alternative for children ages 15 to 17. You will be counted as an adult if you want to avoid getting the KLM Airlines unaccompanied minor service besides if the child notifies the airline about their age group and seeks assistance in case of cancellation or delayed flights. Then, the airline will surely assist them. To ensure your child’s safety in case of flight delays, you need to book KLM unaccompanied minor service.
Highlights of KLM Unaccompanied Minor Policy
According to KLM unaccompanied minor rules, children between 15-17 years do not need to travel with KLM as unaccompanied minors. Besides, the minor service is optional for the children of mentioned age group.
Furthermore, read the following points carefully.
- KLM Airlines looks after the unaccompanied minors on board.
- Besides, KLM unaccompanied minor costs are non-refundable.
- Also, if parents cancel the reservation of their child, they are free to rebook the flights.
- Moreover, you must represent the airline, whether you are the parents of the kid or guardian while booking KLM Airlines unaccompanied minor service.
- In addition, the information shared during booking should be corrected to facilitate the journey for KLM unaccompanied minors.
- Additionally, the evidence of age should be with your child when the check-in starts. It may include a passport or birth certificate.
- Children traveling alone must accompany a tutor or parent (18 years or older).
- Besides, the parents & guardians who drop or pick up the minor at the airport must have a government-approved valid photo ID.
- On the other hand, the child must be escorted to the gate 45 minutes before their parents or guardian departs. Also, they should stay at the airport until the flight takes off.
At The Time of Flight Departure
- Following the KLM unaccompanied minor policy, your child should be present at the airport at least 2.5 hours before the flight’s departure.
- You should also have a form of identification for your child and yourself.
- Moreover, you should have four print copies of the KLM minor form signed by you that specify the person who will drop off and pick up the child.
- Before the departure and after arrival, the staff hired by the KLM will assist the child to and from the flight.
- Similarly, you can download the form and even get the PDF from the “My Trip” section.
During The Journey
- The crew member of KLM Airlines will take care of your child during the entire trip.
- Also, they help your child to find their seat on the plane.
- Besides, if the flight time gets longer, the airline will provide access to your child for the KLM special lounge.
- When your child reaches the arrival destination, the airline will assign an agent to your child who will bring the child to the gate, where they will meet the designated person who will pick them up.
- However, the person needs to show their ID before picking up the child, and the details should be the same as on the KLM unaccompanied minor form.
How To Book KLM Unaccompanied Minor Service?
KLM Airlines unaccompanied minor booking can be made using two ways. additionally, if you book flights for your minor online and ensure to make all the travel arrangements up to 24 hours before the planned departure.
Method 1: Online
- First, open the airline’s official website and choose the search option.
- Secondly, modify the number of adults to 0 from the settings.
- Then, choose the no. of children traveling with KLM as unaccompanied minors.
- After that, book the desired flight and pay the unaccompanied minor costs at the checkout page.
- Once you finish the booking procedure, you must fill out a KLM unaccompanied minor form.
- At last, you need to bring the attested form to the airport to finish the check-in process.
Method 2: Offline
You can book the KLM unaccompanied minor service through the KLM customer service center. Besides, you need to visit here and request to make a booking for your child. Ensure you have the proper documents to make your child’s flight reservation.
What Documents Required For KLM Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Booking?
When you reach the airport, go to the check-in counter to finish the boarding. After that, the minor will get a batch to wear during the trip. Moreover, the airline will make a folder of the documents to use while traveling. Further, parents should carry the following documents when check-in begins.
- Contact number for the parents/legal guardians.
- Write the complete address, same as in the ID.
- Photo ID such as legal identity card, passport, etc.
- Four print copies of the unaccompanied form.
- Parents’ travel forms will be shown during check-in.
What Is KLM Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Fee?
When you must buy tickets for unaccompanied minors KLM, you need to pay a service fee designed by the airline. The KLM unaccompanied minor fee is between $150 to $200 for direct flights. A cost of between $250 and $350 applies to the KLM connecting flight.
Moreover, for round-trip flight reservations, you must pay the charges twice. Besides, KLM unaccompanied minor fee may differ for the international and domestic routes, as mentioned in the below table:
|NA||Direct Flights||Connecting Flights|
|Domestic Routes||USD 75-100||USD 125-175|
|International Routes||USD 150-200||USD 250-350|
Hopefully, you will understand all the concern points of KLM unaccompanied minor policy. If you still have any issues, you can contact our agents 24/7 by calling our toll-free number.