Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines
American Airlines is the best airline in terms of services & amenities it provides to its passengers. Moreover, it offers an affordable & customer-friendly American Airlines unaccompanied minors policy, which is one of the best services of the airline.
Moreover, American Airlines facilitates its unaccompanied minors with priority boarding, attendant the minor until give to their parents or contact person at the destination airport, and introduction to the flight attendant prior to boarding the flight.
Further, parents find themselves flying with their children alone, but American Airlines ensures their children’s complete safety and comfort. Besides, American Airlines’ great service for traveling with minors is available for children under 18, flying alone, and traveling unaccompanied.
Rules for Unaccompanied Minors of American Airlines
The American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy outlines all the rules and regulations regarding proper parental guidance for allowing children to travel unaccompanied. Here, below are some guidelines you should review before booking an American Airlines UMNR flight for an unaccompanied minor.
- Moreover, the age of an unaccompanied minor on American Airlines is between 5 and 14 years old. A child between the ages of 14 and 18 can, therefore, also travel as an unaccompanied minor.
- Besides, unaccompanied minors can travel only on non-stop flights.
- Children are not allowed to travel on late-night flights on American Airlines.
- Additionally, children traveling alone on American Airlines flights must check in at least 2 hours before departure for domestic flights and at least 3 hours before departure for American Airlines international flights.
- Children aged between 15 to 17 can travel on connecting flights with American Airlines.
- Moreover, parents must sign a consent form for American Airlines unaccompanied minors for their kids who travel alone.
What are Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines?
Further, it can be difficult for parents to take their children on unaccompanied flights. That’s why American Airlines Booking has introduced special tickets that you can reserve for your precious children to ensure their safe travels.
On the other hand, if your child is between the ages of 5 and 14, you can book an American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor and leave all your worries there. Likewise, American Airlines take special care of all children travelling on these tickets to ensure they reach their destination safely.
How Much Does American Airlines Charge For Unaccompanied Minors?
- The facility service fee for unaccompanied minors is $150 each way. So the round-trip fare is $300.
- However, costs may vary depending on airfare and other booking-related factors.
- Parents must pay the American Airlines unaccompanied minor fee with the charges.
- Besides, the value of the flight ticket is based on the kind of American Airlines booking you wish your kid to travel in.
- Further, remember that if two or more minors are travelling from the same place, you can ignore these charges separately.
- Also, your kid can fly on the service for $ 150.
American Airlines Age Limitations For Children Traveling Alone
Moreover, children under five are not permitted on American Airlines flights. Must be accompanied by a 16-year-old adult to fly without parents.
Likewise, American’s Unaccompanied Minor service is mandatory for children ages 5-14.
Consequently, the service is an alternative for children between 15 to 17 years.
|Unaccompanied Minor Age||Travel Allowance||Mandatory Rules|
|0 – 5 years||Not permitted||Children cannot travel alone|
|5 – 14 years||Permitted||
|15 – 17 years||Permitted||
How to Book Flight Tickets For Unaccompanied Minor on American Airlines?
Booking an unaccompanied minor on American Airlines is very easy and can be finished in three ways: online, offline, by phone, or at an airport kiosk. Furthermore, look at the following steps for the same.
Unaccompanied Minor Booking Through Official Website
- First, head to the official website of American Airlines.
- Second, choose the departure and destination along with the flight schedule.
- Then, choose an appropriate flight and provide all the passenger’s details to confirm the booking.
- Lastly, you must pay the fees, and you will obtain an unaccompanied minor form and you have to enter your details into it.
Dial Customer Service For Unaccompanied Minor Booking
- To book a flight ticket for your unaccompanied minor on American Airlines, you need to dial +1-888-526-4112.
- Now, you will connect to a live representative at American Airlines.
- Next, you must request them to process your booking for your children to travel alone.
- Lastly, they will fill out a form on your behalf and request you to pay a fee to confirm your booking.
Unaccompanied Minor Booking at the Nearest Airport
- Millennials don’t believe in online or virtual modes.
- Therefore, for reliability, they prefer to do everything themselves.
- However, it is conventional practice to book American Airlines tickets at the airport to provide minors with a better and more satisfying travel experience.
- Further, please contact the American Airlines Help desk at the airport, provide all the required details and pay the American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee to complete your booking.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Customer Service
American Airlines Unaccompanied minor customer executives assist in reservation, flight change, and cancellation easily and in a few minutes. To get a human at American Airlines, call (9800-433-7300) and solve your query in a few minutes. On the other hand, other highly flexible and convenient benefits of American’s unaccompanied minor service are available.
Perks on Unaccompanied Minor Flight Booking On American Airlines
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Services can help if you have children traveling alone to your destination. The service has some amazing points to ensure your child’s safety. If you want to know more, please check the information below:
- Minors can board early.
- Also, passengers will be given additional time to board American Airlines flights.
- You can skip the line after consulting with the cabin crew.
- Likewise, this service also offers snacks and Quakers for children ages 5 to 10.
- Additionally, American Airlines also offers professional airport escorts to help minors get through the gate and onto their connecting flight.
- According to American Airlines unaccompanied minors policy, minors will only be admitted if they have government-approved documents or documents creating a relationship between an adult and a minor.
Limitations For International or Connecting Flights
- Further, unaccompanied minors between the ages of 8 and 14 may travel alone on long-haul, direct, and connecting flights.
- Besides, you cannot board the last flight of the day.
- Similarly, travel on American Airlines partner and OneWorld flights.
Does American Airlines Allow Unaccompanied Minors?
Yes, American Airlines allows bookings for unaccompanied minors on select connecting flights for children ages eight and older, subject to various schedule and route restrictions.
Further, American Airlines has age restrictions for unaccompanied minors traveling alone. UMNR American does not accept children under the age of 5 traveling alone unless accompanied by a child 16 years or older.
Moreover, children between the ages of 5 and 17 are eligible for American Airlines unaccompanied Minor Benefits. Also, this facility is an option for her 15-17-year-old flying alone on American Airlines.
Hopefully, the above details will help you to understand the American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors policy well. If you have any concerns, dial American Airlines phone 24*7 to get instant help from representatives.