Table of Contents
- 1 Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy (2023)
- 1.1 What Is Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
- 1.2 Frontier Unaccompanied Minors Rules For Lap Infants & Children
Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy (2023)
When it comes to children traveling without their parents they are called Unaccompanied minors. If your children need to travel alone, then you should have complete knowledge of Frontier Unaccompanied minor policy for your kid’s safety.
Further, the unaccompanied policy only applies to minors who travel with an adult. Besides, the age of adults must be more than 15 years old. Effective November 1, 2018, the airline will no longer allow children traveling alone for less than the age of 15 yrs. of age. Now, let’s discuss the rules of the minor policy.
What Is Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
If you wish to send your minor along, then you must know the terms & conditions of Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor policy. So, read the below points for better insight.
- Children aged 5-14 who come in the category of unaccompanied minors on Frontier.
- Moreover, they are allowed to make bookings from Frontier Airlines only. Also, they are allowed to make reservations for international & domestic flight bookings.
- Similarly, minors are not permitted to fly alone for connecting flights on Frontier.
- Likewise, you can make Frontier flight booking for unaccompanied minors through its official websites or customer service.
- In addition, the airline provided a special pass for the parents so that they could easily get their minors at the airport.
- Additionally, Frontier offers the best seat for unaccompanied minors who can sit comfortably during travel.
- Likewise, minors flying alone can take a seat in row 25 on E190s, A320s & row 32 on A321s.
- Further, minors will facilitate with complimentary snacks & beverages while traveling.
- Minors aged between the group of 13 to 17 years are allowed to fly alone on domestic flights on Frontier.
- Also, they don’t need to get the unaccompanied minor service.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minors Rules For Lap Infants & Children
Under Frontier minor policy, lap infants (from 7 days to 2 years old) are permitted to travel for free in their adults’ lab. Moreover, the adult’s age must be above 15 on domestic flights & 18 years on international flights.
The requirements of Frontier Airlines are:-
- Children aged two years or more have to travel for paid seats.
- Besides, children below two years can travel on a seat & will be charged for it.
- Each adult can only hold a lap infant.
- If you are traveling with two lap infants, you must pay for the second seat.
- Also, lap infants traveling on a paid seat should use an FAA-approved car seat.
- Additionally, booster seats are permitted while flying but not during landing & take-off.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy For Infant Baggage
With Frontier Airlines, there is a minor policy for infants’ baggage. So, if you are traveling with your infant, you must take care of your baggage as per the policy of unaccompanied minors Frontier.
- Only one bag is allowed for diapers on Frontier.
- Similarly, parents should have one infant restraint device.
- You can take a stroller, but you must deposit it at the gate after reaching the airport.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Fee
Before making a reservation for an unaccompanied minor, you should understand the fee that you have to pay to the airline at the time of booking. The frontier unaccompanied minor fee is $100 USD per child, which covers extra handling, an in-flight beverage, & a snack.
However, the fee value may change depending on the route & class. Similarly, Frontier applies charges for unaccompanied minors who aged between 5 to 14 but will allow them for travel on one-way flights, according to the unaccompanied minor policy.
How Do I Book A Frontier Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Flight?
Once you learn all the terms & conditions of the Frontier unaccompanied minor, you need to learn the procedure to make a flight reservation. To do this, follow the given below steps of the same.
- To initiate an online process, you need to first go to the official website of Frontier Airlines.
- Then, log in to your account using your credentials.
- Now, click on the “Advance” option.
- Here, you need to choose the “Special Assistance” tab.
- Further, enter the name of the destination where you wish to visit with your infant.
- Next, you will find various flight options & choose a suitable flight for your booking.
- Again, fill in the required details of the adult & minor.
- Then, submit some needed documents to confirm your reservation.
- At last, save the booking & pay the booking charges to complete the booking process.
- If you do not wish to consider an online way, then dial Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor reservation phone number at (800-432-1FLY (1359) ) or +1-860-364-8556, & get with agents of the airline.
- After that, listen carefully to the automated IVR instructions.
- Then, choose the correct key as per your problem.
- Further, once your call connects to the airline representatives, make a request to them for your minor booking.
- Now, share the destination name with them to start our booking process.
- Next, share all the required information of the minor & parents.
- Finally, pay for the minor’s ticket by choosing your preferred payment option.
Points To Remember
- You must book your child on the same booking as yours.
- Moreover, the airline’s computerized system can detect families traveling together on the same reservation.
- Also, try to check in early, online or through mobile apps.
- Besides, the airline tries to allocate group seats together, & it depends on seat availability.
- If you can’t obtain a seat allocation with your family, you can ask for assistance from a gate agent.
- Similarly, the airline blocks a few seats & releases them while check-in to accommodate groups & families together during check-in.
- Carry a toy to engage your kid during the travel. For this, Frontier offers kids activities that can bring & print.
Here, you will get every important information on Frontier unaccompanied minors in the above blog. If you still have any queries, you can dial Frontier Airlines toll-free number at +1-860-364-8556 for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. Can you fly alone at 14 on Frontier?
Frontier Airlines will no longer permit children traveling alone under the age of 15 years of age from November 1, 2018.
Q. Can a child travel alone?
Effective November 1, 2018, Frontier Airlines will no longer accept children traveling alone under the age of 15 yrs. of age. Any child under the age of 15 must be on the same reservation as an accompanying adult.
Q. How much is the Unaccompanied Minor fee on Frontier?
The charges for an unaccompanied minor are USD 100 per direction & per child. Also, it covers in-flight beverages, snacks & extra handling.
Q. What does a 16-year-old need to fly alone on the Frontier?
Teenagers are eligible to fly Frontier as an adult without any restriction. With Frontier, teens aged 15 or more can fly alone.
Q. Can a 14-year-old fly alone with a 15-year-old?
Yes, children 14 years old or under can travel with an adult of 15 years old. Besides, they can travel for domestic routes, including Puerto Rico.
Q. What does Frontier Airlines require ID for minors?
If the minor is traveling with a single parent, then the traveling parent should have the child’s passport & a photocopy of their birth certificate.
Quick Links Frontier Airlines Related:-
- How do I book multiple passengers on Frontier?
- How to select seats on Frontier Airlines?
- Speak to a Live Person at Frontier Airlines
- What are the benefits of Frontier credit card?
- Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy
- What happens if you miss your flight on Frontier?
- Frontier Airlines $29 Sale
- Frontier Airlines Change Flight Policy