Expedia Change Flight service; you can now make any necessary changes to your flights or choose a new flight schedule if your travel plans ever change at any point in time with Expedia
Did you face an emergency and wish to change your flights with Expedia? Are you not sure what to do as you booked with Expedia instead of an airline directly? Wondering whether it is necessary to change or cancel your flight due to a change in plans?
The change flight Expedia option answers each and every concern of yours. With this service, you can make changes to your flight schedule and fly when it deems fit to you. Let’s find out more about this service!
Table of Contents
- 1 Expedia change flight- An overview
- 1.1 What is Expedia Flight change Policy?
- 1.2 What is the process for changing flights on Expedia?
- 1.3 Online Flight Change Expedia?
- 1.4 How to make Date and Destination Changes on Expedia?
- 1.5 What is the fee for changing an Expedia Flight?
Expedia change flight- An overview
If you already have a booking with Expedia.com for flights or flights+hotels, and now your plans have a slight change, you can choose Expedia flight change. The service will allow you to fly on a new schedule when it is suitable for you.
But before you plan to make certain changes, there are certain rules and regulations that you should follow to obtain a new flight booking instead of the previous one. So, you do not have to do much in this case, but follow the stated rules and complete the flight change process.
What is Expedia Flight change Policy?
Customers who wish to change their flights with Expedia should be aware of the flight change terms and conditions. As per the Expedia flight change policy, you should make a call on 800-319-4834 or visit the online website to manage your itinerary. But before that, you should know the following:
According to Expedia change flights policy:
- The new flight should also be on the same airline and with the same passengers as the initial booking.
- Expedia does not allow route and name changes on some flights.
- You can mostly change the date of the booking for an entire or a part of your itinerary if it doesn’t affect your corresponding return.
- Suppose your new flight costs are higher than the initial one. In that case, you must pay the Expedia flight change cost as well as the fare difference.
- Some airlines do not allow you to make changes via Expedia or any other OTA. you may directly contact that airline in case of flight changes.
- You can change flights for some passengers, but you need to get in touch with the airline for that.
- Moreover, Expedia also does not allow any additional changes such as your destination or departure unless you directly contact the airline.
For more details on the process, you can talk to Expedia customer service number and connect with the airline agents for help. They will offer you complete details on the policy and guidelines for changing flights.
What is the process for changing flights on Expedia?
Do you now wish to alter your schedule on Expedia? Are you ready to make the needed changes? You can proceed with the flight change Expedia as per your preference. There are two ways, online and offline, to help you complete a change.
Online Flight Change Expedia?
If you have purchased an Expedia flight, you should learn about canceling or altering its schedule. You can check your itinerary details from the official website and check whether your flight ticket qualifies for a 24-hour free cancellation or not.
Moreover, you can even view the airline’s flight change policy and limitations, which put a charge on the flight change service on the other hand. Lets’s have a look at the flight change option online in detail:
To begin the Expedia flight change process
- Go to the Expedia official website.
- Enter theTrips Section.
- Then, log in and select the travel itinerary that you wish to change.
- After that, apply the “Manage Your Booking” option.
- From here, scroll to the flights section and choose “Modify Reservation.”
- Under the change flight option, you’ll see if you’re eligible for free 24-hour cancellation.
- The page will then take you to the Change Flight section, where you will need to reconfirm your flight change.
- If you are eligible for a refund under the 24-hour rule, this page will detail the amount of the refund you will receive.
Changing a Flight with Expedia offline
- To complete your schedule and modify your ticket offline, please call the Expedia Change flight number 800-319-4834.
- You can even visit their Booking Center or Kiosk.
- As a result, all your reservations and flight change requests will be handled by Expedia experts and certified staff.
- They will provide you with all the important information and details.
How to make Date and Destination Changes on Expedia?
- To change flight dates and destinations, you must be logged in and access your booking.
- You can then select the flight for which you need to change the date or destination.
- Apply the desired changes to your itinerary and select a new flight.
- If the new flight is more expensive than the previous flight, you may have to pay the difference in fare.
- If you are unable to change your flight online, you can also contact Expedia for a flight change number.
- In this case, if you are flying with a budget airline, you will need to contact that airline directly.
Note: You cannot use change flight Expedia to change the Basic Economy fare; in this case, you will need to book a new flight.
Changing Name on Expedia Flights
When booking, there may be a name or other spelling errors for a few characters. You can make changes by calling Expedia Customer Service. There is no name change fee if you call within 24 hours of booking your flight.
However, for 24 hours after booking your flight, Expedia changing flights is not allowed in case of names. In this situation, you must cancel your flight and book another flight with the right name on it.
Although the airline’s previously waived off cancellation fees because of the pandemic, there are chances you may have to pay. Simply find the details and complete the change name service.
What is the fee for changing an Expedia Flight?
Mostly Airlines have waived the flight change fee when a customer changes their flight to a new schedule. However, there are still cases where you may need to clear the Expedia change flight fee. Still, most of the time, this charge is nothing but your fare difference between the previous and new flights. You can connect to the airline’s customer service to make these necessary changes to the flights.