Table of Contents
- 1 Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy
- 1.1 How to Cancel a Korean Flight?
- 1.2 Why Need Korean Air Cancellation?
- 1.3 Terms & Conditions For Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy
- 1.4 Does Korean Air Have 24-Hour Cancellation?
- 1.5 Korean Air Cancellation Policy Due to Bad Weather
- 1.6 What Is the Cost to Cancel a Korean Flight?
- 1.7 Explain the Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy Due To COVID-19
- 1.8 What are the Rules for Korean Air Cancellation Refund Policy?
- 1.9 What are the Korean Air Cancelled Flight Rules?
Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy
Do you book your flight tickets with Korean Air and need to cancel them due to any emergency? If so, then you are on the right page. The airline understands the needs & requirements of the passengers. So, it designed a Korean Air cancellation policy for the ease of its passengers. Passengers are able to cancel their refund or even apply for a refund under the policy. There are also some rules and regulations that you need to know if you are supposed to rescind your flight reservation.
Korean Airlines is a popular airline providing low-cost tickets and serving various destinations. You will be able to know everything that you need to know when you wish to revoke your flight booking on this page. Further, let’s know the airline’s cancellation policy in detail for better knowledge.
How to Cancel a Korean Flight?
Primary, you may wish to know the process to reverse the flight tickets. Moreover, canceling flight tickets is easy with the multiple ways offered by the airline. Furthermore, take a look at the below section for a better insight.
Through Official Website
- To initiate, you need to head to the official Korean Air site with your desired browser’s help.
- Then, you must locate the “Find Trip” on the homepage and select it.
- You must fill out the details like your last name and booking number in the given field.
- Select the “Search” option to get your booking details.
- You then click on the flight you want to cancel.
- Choose the “Cancel” tab to proceed with your Korean flight cancellation.
- However, you may need to pay a nominal fee if the airline asks.
- At last, after completing the above process, the airline will send you an email regarding your cancellation update.
Note:- Ensure that when you book your flight ticket directly from Korean Air, then only you can cancel your tickets using the official website.
Through Customer Service
If you do not believe in online technology, then do not stress. Korean Air allows you to connect with airline professionals in order to revoke your flight tickets. To call the airline, you need to consider the following steps:
- First, visit the provided link www.korean.com.
- Now, scroll down till the bottom section comes.
- Here, select the “Service Centre” button.
- Once you choose this option, you will get the various contact numbers of the airline as per region.
- Then, you have to select a number as per your current region.
- Next, dial the number from your phone and follow the IVR.
- Finally, your call will connect to the airline agent, and you can request them to cancel your reservation.
Through Visting the Airport
Passengers can also visit the nearest airport to cancel their flight booking. You must go to the help counter or ticket counter when you reach the airport. You will meet an airline representative who will help you in revoking your flight tickets. Request him to cancel your reservation and explain the reason for it.
Then, they will ask you to provide some details and cancel your flights. However, if you are eligible to pay the fee, then you must make a payment to confirm your Korean flight cancellation.
Why Need Korean Air Cancellation?
There may be various reasons which are responsible for repealing your flight tickets. So, the airline allows you to rescind the flight tickets and get a refund if you are eligible. Apart from this, other reasons can also affect your travel plans, as given below:
- The sudden death of the passenger
- Fraudulent identification
- Incorrect date mentioned
- Various weather conditions
- Changes in the destination
- Problems obtaining visas
- Work urgencies
- Health issues
- Sudden family gathering
Note:- Besides the above reasons, you must understand the terms and conditions of the Korean Air cancellation policy. After this, you can reverse your reservation as per your issue.
Terms & Conditions For Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy
When passengers do not continue their travel and wish to rescind their reservation, they are allowed to do so. However, the airline has designed some rules for passengers who want to cancel their booking due to any reason. Furthermore, read all the points mentioned below carefully:
- The airline can only cancel their tickets using the procedure mentioned earlier If your tickets are directly purchased with Korean Air.
- You need to contact them to cancel your booking If you buy flight tickets from any other third-party website.
- The airline will provide you with a complete refund When you cancel your tickets and qualify for a refund.
- Otherwise, you will not get any reimbursement. Also, you have to pay a fee to the airline.
- You cannot cancel them through the official website when you are holding group tickets. You have to connect with the airline professionals of the same for making group reservation cancellations.
- In addition, if you cancel your flight tickets after missing the risk-free window, you will be responsible for paying a cancellation fee as per the Korean Air flight cancellation policy.
- In the case of Korean International flight reservations, passengers have to revoke their reservation up to 90 days before the planned departure.
- If a passenger purchased their flight tickets through promotional flight or sale plane tickets. The airline will not provide any refund to the passenger.
- The airline will apply a no-show fee if the passenger fails to board their flight and does not show up at the airport without revoking their reservation.
- You will have to pay a reversal fee when you cancel a booking several hours before the leaving time.
Does Korean Air Have 24-Hour Cancellation?
To keep in mind the passengers’ needs & requirements, the airlines offer a Korean Air 24-hour cancellation policy. Moreover, the policy makes all kinds of fares eligible for flight cancellation. Further, you will find the rules to know the policy and revoke your flight tickets accordingly.
- You must ensure that your flight ticket is booked seven or more days before the departure to enjoy free flight cancellation.
- Also, you can cancel your booking within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund.
- You can easily revoke your flight tickets and get a reimbursement for your ticket value when you consider the above rule.
- Moreover, you book your flight tickets via points and cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchase.
- Then, the airline will give a refund in the form of points. Besides, these points can be used to book your upcoming flight tickets.
- On the other hand, you will not get any refund when you are holding a reward ticket, Even when you rescind your reservation 24 hours after booking it.
Korean Air Cancellation Policy Due to Bad Weather
It may happen that the airline will cancel your tickets and notify you as soon as possible. They will ask you to make a new flight reservation or get a refund. Mostly, passengers rebook their flights for the same destination.
The airline will rebook them on the next day’s flight and provide accommodation to the passengers if the airline cannot reschedule a passenger’s flight. You can check the specific policies regarding cancellation due to weather conditions, as they may differ as per the circumstances.
Note:- You can dial the airline’s toll-free number or go to the official page of the airline to collect more information about the Korean cancellation policy in case of bad weather.
What Is the Cost to Cancel a Korean Flight?
Korean Air also imposes a small fee on the passengers when they cancel their flight tickets so that passengers can bear it. Besides, you can avoid paying this payment by following the Korean Air 24-hour cancellation fee or when you cancel your reservation 90 days before the planned departure. Furthermore, here you will now need to know the fee criteria of the airline.
- First, the fee will be KRW 3000 when the passengers cancel their flight reservation 61 to 90 days prior to the departure.
- Then, passengers may have to pay KRW 100000 when they cancel their booking within 15 to 16 days before the departure.
- Besides, you will have to pay KRW 120000 to rebook your flight between 4 to 15 days.
- Similarly, suppose your flight ticket is canceled three days before the planned departure date.
- The passenger will be responsible for paying KRW 150000 as a Korean Air Flight Cancellation fee.
- Additionally, passengers from Canada will have to pay CAD 30 to cancel their flight tickets on Korean Air.
- Likewise, the cancellation fee will be IDR 35000 for passengers who belong to Indonesia.
- On the other hand, travelers flying for regional locations do not need to pay any revocation fee to the airline.
Note:- At Korean Air, the cancellation charges may differ based on a variety of variables, including the type of ticket, planned destination, time of flight repealing, etc.
Explain the Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy Due To COVID-19
When it comes to pandemics, the airline also made a separate policy for COVID-19 that permits passengers to rescind their flight tickets when they test COVID positive. However, this policy is only applicable during the time of pandemic running. Similarly, passengers are allowed to cancel their tickets anytime using the online method.
Also, if you suffer from a pandemic, then the airline will give you a complete refund in the original form of payment. On the other hand, if a passenger refuses to board their flight as he/she does not have their COVID test report. Then, the airline will not be responsible for any refund.
What are the Rules for Korean Air Cancellation Refund Policy?
Following the other policy conditions, the airline will refund you once you revoke your flight tickets. The conditions of the refund policy are based on the flight fare bought by the passenger. You can request a refund within 30 days before the expiry date.
Take a glance at the below points carefully.
- Passengers will be responsible for submitting a money-back request. Also the airline also requires you to show some required documents.
- Similarly, the documents will be a legal identification photo of the passenger, a flight ticket, a sign of the passenger, etc.
- In addition, the documents will be the legal representative’s identification and family proof when the passenger is a minor.
- Additionally, if the passenger makes the payment for their flight reservation through cash, the airline will provide the refund directly to their account as per the Korean Air Cancellation policy.
- In the case of a credit card refund, the airline may take time based on the credit card company’s operational period.
- Similarly, when the airline approves your refund request, you can communicate with the credit card company agents within 2 to 5 business days.
- Moreover, if the refund request is made for the Award flight tickets, then the used flight ticket can be deducted from the return cost. After that, the remaining balance will be refunded to the passengers.
- In addition to this, the airline offers refunds to passengers within one week in case of MasterCard transactions.
- However, the cash or cheque payment may take 20 business days.
- The refund value and other charges will be waived if the Korean Air refund request is made 90 days or more before the flight departure from the date of the departure.
- The airline will not provide any refund unless the Cancellation is due to an unforeseen situation for passengers with non-refundable tickets. However, you can obtain a complete refund when you have purchased a refundable fare.
Steps To Claim a Refund:
Passengers can request a refund through the official website and get their reimbursement. Apart from this, you can also call the airline to get your refund with the help of agents. Follow the below steps for the same.
- First, navigate to the official website of Korean Air.
- Then, you have to log in to your account.
- After that, you must cancel your flight booking following the Korean Air flight cancellation policy.
- You will get a “Refund” tab when you successfully rescind your flights.
- Now, you have to enter the required information and then submit the refund request.
- At last, you will acquire a confirmation email from the airline regarding your refund request soon.
Call the Carrier:
When the above method will not work or is suitable for you, do not worry! You can call the airline on its toll-free number at 1-860-364-8556, talk to a live person Korean Air, & then you will connect. Then, you can request them to apply for a refund for your canceled flight ticket. However, you have to share some needed information with them.
What are the Korean Air Cancelled Flight Rules?
The airline may cancel your flight due to multiple major issues. The crew running out of time is the most irritating cause for repealing the airline. However, other reasons may be weather issues, staff strikes, technical issues, etc. Further, below are some reasons why Korean Air cancels your flight.
- Lack of passengers
- Computer-related difficulties
- COVID-19 restrictions
- Bird strike
- Air traffic
- Pilot’s illness
- Mechanical problems
- Security purpose
- Bad weather
- Compensation For Korean Canceled Flight
Sometimes, the airline may revoke your flight reservation due to unforeseen reasons. In this case, passengers will get Korean Air canceled flight compensation for their ticket value. Moreover, when the airline rescinds your flights, you may get an alternative flight option, coupon, or a full refund. However, there are some terms & conditions that will be applied that are as follow:
- When the passengers cancel their flight ticket due to flight delay, then the airline will not ask them to pay any revoking fees.
- Moreover, when Korean Air revokes the flight without any information, passengers will get €600.
- Suppose the airline requests on behalf of the passenger, it will be required to pay a fee of 30 % of the value they get.
- Also, you can request compensation for the complete value of the ticket due to COVID.
- In addition to this, if the airline provides the alternate flight option for free, and the passenger refuses for the same. Then, the airline will provide only 50% of the ticket value as compensation.
- Additionally, suppose the airline revokes your flight and informs the passengers up to 14 days before the departure, you will not get any compensation.
Korean Air will ensure to fulfill all the needs & requirements of its passengers when it comes to flight cancellation. You can easily cancel your flight ticket and get your refund With the above information. Call the airline’s toll-free number through this website 24/7, 365 days if you still have any concerns or doubts regarding the Korean Air cancellation policy. Do not heritage to get in touch with us.
People Also Asked Questions:-
Q. Can I cancel my flight and get a full refund?
Yes. You can cancel your flight and acquire a full refund. However, you need to rescind your booking following the Korean Air 24-hour cancellation policy through the official airline or by connecting to the airline.
Q. Can I cancel my flight and get a refund if I have Covid?
Of course, passengers may be eligible for a refund for any flight that the public health emergency has impacted due to the COVID-19 response.
Q. Can I cancel a flight without paying?
Yes. Passengers can rescind their flight without paying when they do it within the risk-free period, and even they can apply for a refund.
Q. How long do I have to cancel a non-refundable flight?
Passengers with non-refundable flight tickets need to cancel their reservation within 24 hours of booking following the 24-hour rule to enjoy a free cancellation. They will have to pay the Korean flight cancellation fees after 24 hours.
Q. Do I get a full refund if I cancel a flight within 24 hours?
Of course. When the passenger rescinds their flight within the risk-free window, they can cancel their flight with no penalty through the airline they booked.
Q. How many hours before can I cancel an international flight?
If you purchase an international flight at Korean Air and wish to cancel, then you need to revoke your reservation within 24 hours of booking. Before revoking a flight, you must go through the Korean Air cancellation policy.
Q. Can I cancel my flight a few hours before?
Yes. Passengers can cancel their flight after check-in or when they want before the flight departure. You will be able to obtain your money back as a refund if you have a refundable ticket.