How To Cancel A Flight With Iberia?
People may need to cancel their itinerary due to the unpredictability of life. So, Iberia Airlines understands the needs & requirements of the passengers. To keep these things in mind, the airline designed a flexible and passenger-friendly Iberia cancellation policy for the convenience of its passengers.
Further, If your fare packages allow it, you may cancel your flight and request a refund for your ticket amount. Moreover, passengers should have complete information if they are supposed to cancel their flight on Iberia Airlines. In this blog, we will cover the things that you need to know to cancel your tickets.
Terms & Conditions Of Iberia Airlines Cancellation Policy
The Iberia flight cancellation policy states that passengers can reverse their flight and obtain a refund under the following circumstances:
- If the flight ticket was purchased with immediate payment. Then, it can be canceled within 24 hours of the flight reservation.
- Passengers can cancel their flight tickets using the official website of the airline. Also, you can dial (1 (800) 772-4642) to cancel your flight tickets with the help of airline agents.
- If you bought the flight ticket from any third-party website. Then, you need to contact them only to cancel your flight reservation.
- If you cancel your flight tickets after the risk-free period, the airline will ask you to pay the cancellation fee.
Iberia 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- Per Iberia Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy, you can rescind a flight booking to/from the United States without paying any cancellation fee when you cancel within 24 hours of booking.
- After 24 hours, you will be responsible for paying the charges to the airline in any circumstances.
- If you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours, the airline will provide you with a full refund of your ticket amount.
Iberia Airlines Cancellation Fee
When it comes to canceling your flight, the airline will charge a fee from you for flight cancellation under some specified circumstances. Besides, if the airline cancels your flight due to any reason, you will not need to pay anything to the airline.
However, if you cancel your flight after a specified period, you will have to pay the airline $100 to $500 as an Iberia Airlines cancellation fee. In addition, if you cancel your reservation 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure, the fee of $100 to $400 is chargeable.
How To Cancel a Flight With Iberia Airlines?
Iberia Airlines offers multiple ways to cancel a flight, and you can choose any as per your suitability. Before canceling your flight ticket from Iberia, you must ensure that your flight tickets are purchased from the airlines only. Further, let’slet’s start to understand the flight cancellation procedure.
- To initiate the online process, you need to visit the airline’s official website.
- Then, log in to your account by putting your credentials.
- Now, you will see an Iberia reservation cancel link. Click on it.
- After that, you will lend to a new page. Here, you can see the option of “Iberia Cancel Reservation” choose the option for your Iberia flight cancellation.
- Next, you will need to enter some required details. Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- Once the cancellation is made by you, accepted by the airline. Then, you will be notified with a confirmation email for your cancellation.
- At last, if you do not cancel your flight tickets within 24 hours of booking, you will need to pay the charges to confirm your cancellation request.
If you are willing to know more about the Iberia cancellation policy, you can call the airline to connect with its professionals to get complete assistance.
If you do not prefer online mode, you can use an offline method. For this, you need to dial the Iberia Airlines flight cancellation phone number at (1 (800) 772-4642) to cancel your reservation with ease. After that, you need to follow the IVR menu to connect your call to the live representatives. Then, once your call connects to the airline customer service department, you have to make a request to rescind your flight. Further, you need to provide your flight details to them and pay the charges if required.
At The Airport
It is another alternative to cancel your tickets. It is also easy to cancel your flight tickets on Iberia Airlines. If you want to use this method, you need to go to the nearest airport if you wish to cancel your booking. Then, go to the help center, and here you will get an airline agent. Now, you need to explain your situation to them to cancel your flight.
Next, they will ask you to share some of your booking details to access your flight booking page. Then, they will ask you if there are any charges that will show to cancel your tickets. Then, you need to make a payment to reverse your tickets.
Iberia Refund Policy
Most airlines, including Iberia Airlines, provide refunds on canceled flights if the reservation falls under the refundable ticket category. However, you need to follow some rules to apply for a refund that differs from airline to airline.
In addition, refunds are available for canceled flights, and you can connect to the airline for cancellation and get your refund as per the Iberia refund policy. Further, you need to follow the policy mentioned below made by the airline.
Passengers can claim a refund for their refundable flight tickets if they cancel at least a week before the departure.
Besides, if you wish to cancel your non-refundable flight tickets, you will get travel vouchers for a refund from the airline. Travel vouchers can be used for future bookings, and the validity of the vouchers is one year from the date of issue.
How Do I Request A Refund From Iberia?
After flight cancellation, you may need to claim a refund to get your money back. For this, you have two ways, and you can pick one as per your wish. Further, we will discuss both methods in the given below section:
Refund Request Form
Passengers must fill out a refund request form to file a refund to get reimbursement for the canceled flights. Moreover, you will find the form on the airline’s official website. Furthermore, you need to enter the required details on the refund request form & click on the “Submit” option.
Once the airline agents get your request for a refund, they will send you a confirmation email to your registered email address. After that, you may receive your refund within 7 to 10 working days per the Iberia refund policy.
Talk To a Customer Service Agent
On the other hand, you can connect to the airline to request a refund. With this, you will get satisfactory assistance from professionals who will help you to get your refund. To do this, you need to dial the Iberia customer service number at 1-860-364-8556 & follow the further process over the call.
Once your call connects to the airline, the airline agents will assist you. After that, you need to make a request for a refund to them and provide the details of your canceled flights to start the process.
How Much Will I Get After The Cancellation of The Iberia Flight?
Iberia Airlines will provide your refund in the original payment amount, depending on the time of your cancellation. Similarly, you must ensure that full refunds are available on canceled flights that canceled within 24 hours of the booking. With this, you will not have to pay any extra charges upon cancellation of the flight booking.
Furthermore, travelers will get EUR 125 if the flight distance is 1500 km. Additionally, if your flight is delayed for more than three hours, the airline will be responsible for paying you EUR 250 as compensation.
For further information, passengers can dial the Iberia helpline number at 1-860-364-8556 to get instant help. The airline agents will assist you regarding the Iberia cancellation policy mannerly. Feel free to connect with us 24/7.