Table of Contents
- 1 Lufthansa Name Change/Correction policy
- 1.1 Can I Change the Name on a Lufthansa Flight?
- 1.2 Guidelines of Lufthansa Name Correction/Change Policy
- 1.3 Types of Name Change on Lufthansa
- 1.4 How To Change Name on a Lufthansa Ticket?
- 1.5 How Much does It Cost to Change a Name on a Lufthansa Flight?
Lufthansa Name Change/Correction policy
Sometimes, we make silly mistakes when we put the name while booking a ticket. Lufthansa Airlines understood that and introduced a Lufthansa name change policy in which one can easily change their name on the ticket. However, the airline requires some required documents and the reason why you modify your name on your reservation.
Must check the eligibility to alter your name before making any changes. The airline required that the name on the ticket should be the same as given in the official documents of the passenger.
Can I Change the Name on a Lufthansa Flight?
Yes. You can change the name on the Lufthansa Ticket when it is a genuine or legal reason. Besides, the name on the booking ticket and identity documents must be the same. Passengers with Lufthansa Airlines can change their name free of charge prior to the tickets being issued.
Besides, the name of the passenger on the ticket and legal documents should be the same as per the rules. So it is important to notify the carrier and make the necessary changes to your flight ticket before traveling. It is advisable to read the guidelines of the Lufthansa name change ticket before modifying your name.
Guidelines of Lufthansa Name Correction/Change Policy
Here are the guidelines to change or correct your name on your ticket on Lufthansa. Read all the points mentioned below carefully:
- The flight ticket should be directly booked from Airlines when you wish to change your name.
- Your flight number and the flight should be served only by Lufthansa Airlines.
- Besides, the airline allows name correction for a single time per passenger.
- Additionally, you cannot change the complete name of the passenger as per Lufthansa Airlines name change policy.
- Further, passengers can alter/correct the name when it has been modified after gender reassignment, divorce, marriage, etc.
- Lufthansa Group Agency comes into action after the proof of the traveling person is obtained.
- Similarly, the name correction policy is applicable only to the individual reservation once.
- The airline allows for the name change on the ticket based on the contract.
- The name on the booking must be the same as it is mentioned on the legal document of the single passenger.
- The airline does not accept the wrong name on the ticket.
Note: Name changes to be made after the reservation of the flight ticket are only possible by paying a fee of 100 euros per passenger.
Types of Name Change on Lufthansa
Lufthansa Airlines receives a variety of name change requests on a daily basis. You need to learn the following various kinds of name modification requests made by the passengers.
Lufthansa allows its passengers to correct the first/middle/last name of the passenger on the ticket up to two characters according to the policy. The number of two characters is a total and should not be interpreted as 2 characters each for first name, middle name, and last name.
Middle Name on Ticket Correction
Lufthansa passengers can add, remove, or edit middle names. In such cases, re-ticket requests will be considered, and flights will be rebooked in the same existing class or lower/higher class. Passengers will be responsible for airline fees as well as any applicable fare differences.
Change Name To Nickname
Legal documentation is important to process name change requests, where passengers can modify their first name, middle name, last name, or any combination of them.
Add Suffix/Prefix To Passengers’ Name
Lufthansa travelers can add, remove, or edit titles, suffixes, or prefixes to their names. In such cases, re-ticket requests will be considered, and flights will be rebooked in the same existing class or lower/higher class. Passengers will be responsible for Lufthansa’s name change fees as well as any applicable fare differences.
Critical Name Change
Passengers can modify their names under some legal considerations such as Lufthansa name change marriage request, Lufthansa change last name or the middle name due to divorce, and legal documents along with the updated name as per the name modification policy.
Lufthansa Name Change Affidavits
The airline supports some name change requests under the legal provision. Some situations are divorce decree, Marriage license, legal documents of name change, photo ID, or passport issued by the government.
How To Change Name on a Lufthansa Ticket?
Lufthansa Airlines allows for name changes on the ticket only in case of legal purposes or prior to the booking being confirmed. Likewise, passengers can correct the spelling errors after the reservation using the rebooking process by paying an applicable fee. So, it is advisable to review your name and other details once to avoid these hassles.
Furthermore, you use an online and offline method in order to Change a Passenger Name on Lufthansa. You can visit the main website of the airline or get in touch directly with the representatives.
Name Change Online
- Head to the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Move to the Manage My Booking tab on the homepage.
- Access your Lufthansa account by entering your booking number and the last name of the passenger.
- After that, you will acquire your complete flight details along with the option to make various kinds of modifications to it.
- You need to click on the Name Change tab.
- The system will ask you to enter the reason for your name change and some required documents.
- Consider the on-screen prompts and attach the needed documents.
- Here, the airline will ask you to pay the applicable charges for
- At last, you will receive an email when the airline accepts your name change request.
Moreover, the above steps for changing the name on the booking are not applicable to group reservations. However, you must connect with the airline when you need to change your name under a group booking.
Name Change Offline
Passengers can contact customer service by using the below steps directly when they are not able to use the above method. Dial Lufthansa name change phone number at 1 (800) 645-3880 and follow the voice process over the call. Make a name change request when your call connects to the representative.
Provide the required information such as the booking number and other. He will only correct your misspelled name as per the policy. You have to pay the Lufthansa name correction fee to the airline and the fare difference. The airline will send your name change confirmation email when you complete the payment process.
How Much does It Cost to Change a Name on a Lufthansa Flight?
Lufthansa Airlines charges a fee when someone changes their name after a reservation. However, the name changes to be made once the booking process has been done by paying a fee of 100 euros per passenger. Name corrections such as marriage are allowed for free after tickets have been issued.
However, the Lufthansa name change fee depends on the destination, class, and time. The name change fee starts from $90 to $133. Learn more about the charges for the name change from the official website of the airline or contact the airline directly to get in touch with customer service.
Hopefully, all your doubts or concerns regarding the Lufthansa name change cleared after reading the above blog. Feel free to connect with our experts when you still have any queries who will always be available to assist you.