Table of Contents
- 1 WestJet Airlines Name Correction/Change Policy
- 1.1 How can I Change my Name on My WestJet Flight Ticket?
- 1.2 Terms & Condition of WestJet Correction /Change Name Policy
- 1.3 What is the WestJet Name Change/Correction Fee?
- 1.4 WestJet Name Change/ Correction Process
WestJet Airlines Name Correction/Change Policy
Do you need to change or correct the name on your ticket on WestJet Airlines? Well, various passengers ask about the same. Sometimes, we make minor mistakes when booking flights that may spoil our travel plans. For this, the airline has introduced a WestJet name change or correction policy that enables passengers to make desired modifications to their names.
Besides, WestJet is the second largest airline in Canada. Moreover, the airlines offer low-cost tickets and serves more than 100 destinations worldwide. The airlines always take care of its passengers’ requirements. Similarly, there are some rules made by the airline that need to be considered when changes the name on the ticket. In this blog, you will get every important information about the same.
How can I Change my Name on My WestJet Flight Ticket?
Westjet change passenger name cannot be done online, but when it comes to correcting up to three characters through the “Manage Booking” tab. Besides, you can also alter or correct the name on your ticket by calling the customer service team.
Name Change /Correction Online Process:
- First, visit the official website of WestJet Airlines.
- Second, head to the “Manage booking” section.
- Then, add the required details in the given space.
- Select the “Confirm” button to get your complete booking details.
- Now, click on the “Flight” tab and the “Name” tab for which you wish to make modifications.
- Next, select the “Change” option and make your desired correction.
- Moreover, make sure that you can only modify up to three characters of your name.
- Once you make the above process, you will get to the payment page, where you need to select a preferred payment option to pay the charges for your changes.
- Before making the payment, it is suggested to review your changes.
- At last, the airline will send you a confirmation email and your e-ticket with updated details.
Name Change /Correction Offline Process:
When the online process is not suitable for you, then you can opt for the offline way to alter your name. Besides, you are able to call the WestJet Airlines contact number and then request for change name on ticket to the agents. Further, you can modify your name / correction for the following reasons.
- Inverted name correction.
- Change the title or gender.
- Correction to the date of birth.
- Name change due to divorce or marriage.
Note: Moreover, WestJet Airlines required a copy of some needed documents from the passengers while making requests for a name change.
Terms & Condition of WestJet Correction /Change Name Policy
You can request a change name on WestJet according to the policy. However, it based on the category of the ticket. Besides, the rules state that:
- The name change allows on a flight segment, and the type of passenger, such as child, adult, and senior, is not changeable.
- Moreover, when the flight ticket is purchased, then only you can make changes to your name. Also, the reservation has only flights that are operated.
- In addition, you can rebook your flight for the same or upper class by paying the charges.
- Name changes cannot be done once the WestJet check-in process is completed. Passengers can issue name change requests up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
- If you made a spelling mistake to your name, then the airline permits you to correct up to three characters on the first, medium, or last name of the ticket.
- However, the specified WestJet change name fee is USD 150, and it may fluctuate.
- The WestJet name change policy allows visitors to correct the misspelled name on the ticket.
- Additionally, if you need to change or correct the name of an infant, then also you have to pay the charges to the airline to change the adult’s name.
- In accordance with the WestJet name change policy, the airline allows you to modify your name due to marriage or divorce.
- However, they need to show some required documents to the airline at the time of making a name change request.
- As per the WestJet name change or correction guidelines, customers can raise the name correction request up to 2 hours before departure.
- Likewise, you can change your name through online or offline mode up to 24 hours before the flight departure.
Name Change/Correction Due to Marriage:
WestJet Airlines states that passengers can modify their name due to marriage. However, they need to provide the needed documents to the airline. Further, the airline usually asks to show a marriage certificate or felony name change document to alter the name.
Principles to Correct the Name on WestJet Reservations
For making the WestJet change name on ticket, the following points:
- WestJet Airlines needs to be a certified airline.
- Moreover, all the flights should be served and certified and its agreement partners.
- Besides, if the flight is purchased through any third party, they have to connect with the airlines to get approval from the airline to correct a name on a ticket.
- In addition, when the airline refuses you to alter your name, then your request will be considered under the Name Change.
- Additionally, passengers can rebook only for a single time for name correction. Also, the additional name correction will be considered as per the change name request.
- Further, passengers cannot change the destination, date, fare code, time, etc.
- Similarly, the airline allows minor name corrections mid-travel on WestJet Airlines. But they need to provide their legal photo ID and passport.
- Also, passengers cannot change the gender and birth as per policy.
- At last, when a person changes their date of birth on the ticket, then it will be considered a name change.
What is the WestJet Name Change/Correction Fee?
Basic fares booked on WestJet Airlines between March 3, 2020, and June 21, 2022, will allow for a $0 fee waiver for changes to the name. Moreover, you can see a table in the below section that gives an idea for the name change fee. So, look at the table:
|Name Change Fee
|Economy Flex Fare
|Between Canada and every destination
|Between Canada and Europe
WestJet Name Change/ Correction Process
While the specific guidelines of the change name on a booking may differ between the airlines, take a look at the following mentioned process to change a name on a ticket.
- WestJet Airlines Customer Service: You can contact the customer service department to change your name offline or online.
- Show Required Documents: when the passenger changes their ticket due to marriage or divorce, then they need to show the supporting documents.
- Confirm Fees and Eligibility: Once you connect with the WestJet Airlines help team, then the agent will tell you about your eligibility and the charges you have to pay to change your name.
How Can I Change or Correction Name on WestJet Free?
There are various principles and situations that enable a passenger to alter their name as per their requirement by paying a WestJet name change fee. Furthermore, read the below points carefully:
- Minor Corrections: Minor corrections and typos under three characters can be done for free. Besides, you may need to charge the airline to change the above three characters. Also, the fare difference will apply.
- 24-hour Of Booking: If the flight ticket is booked within 24 hours of reservation, you are allowed to rescind your ticket without paying any fee and request a full refund. After that, passengers are able to reschedule a flight with the correct passenger’s name without paying anything.
- Flight Cancellation: Passengers can revoke their flight booking and then book a new flight to avoid paying the charges with the correct name. Sometimes, it is cheaper to rescind a booking than to change or correct the name of the ticket.
Can I Transfer My Flight Ticket to Someone Else on WestJet Airlines?
- Yes, WestJet Airlines permits you to transfer your flight ticket to another person. However, you can easily reissue your ticket for free within 24 hours of booking.
- Moreover, to transfer your ticket to someone else, paying the WestJet name change charges to the airline is necessary.
- Additionally, you cannot do this in any situation if you are going for an international travel and are willing to modify your name.
- Similarly, the airline will transfer your flight ticket to another person if the significant issue arises.
- On the other hand, you can transfer your ticket to another passenger without spying the additional charges within 24 hours of booking.
Does WestJet Airlines Require to add a Middle name?
No, WestJet Airlines does not require to add a middle name when booking the flight tickets. Additionally, if you book your flight ticket without a middle name, then the airline allows you to make a flight reservation.
In the above post, we have discussed all the proven ways to change or correct the name on a ticket. WestJet Airlines name change, or correction policy is very useful for persons who need to change their name to save their ticket.
If you wish to connect with the airline professionals to collect additional information or clear any doubt, you can connect with us anytime through this website.
People Also Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q. Can I modify a name on a WestJet Airlines ticket?
Q. Can I change the name of the passenger that I bought the flight ticket for?
Q. Is it necessary to add the middle name of a WestJet ticket?
Q. How much does it charge to modify a name on Westjet Airlines?
Q. Can I alter the passenger’s name on a Jet 2 booking?
Q. Does the name on your ticket need to match your ID?
Q. What to do when I accidentally input the middle name on my tickets?
Q. How to change the passenger name on Westjet Airlines?
Q. How can I make the name corrections online with Westjet Airlines?
Q. Is it free of cost to correct a name on Westjet Airlines?
Q. Can I transfer my flight ticket to another person on WestJet?
Yes, you can convey your flight ticket to someone else when the airline approves your request and within 24 hours of purchase. Besides, if you transfer your ticket after the risk-free period, paying the charges to Westjet Airlines is compulsory.Further, if you have the flight ticket for an international route, then it is impossible to transfer the ticket to another person. However, the airline may reissue your ticket to another flyer when a severe issue arises.