Avianca Airlines cancellation policy permits you to cancel your flight reservation due to valid reasons and claim a refund under specified circumstances. Moreover, the cancellation charges may differ depending on the time of flight cancellation, the fare type, etc.
However, you should read the cancellation policy carefully to avoid flight cancellation charges and make the cancellation process hassle-free. In this guide, we will assist you in understanding different amendments related to the Avianca cancellation policy in detail.
Table of Contents
- 1 Rules For the Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy
- 2 Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
Rules For the Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Passengers can cancel their flight reservation bought from the official website, customer service, or another authorized platform.
- Besides, you cannot make any cancellation requests with third-party tickets.
- If the flight has departed, the airline will not provide any refund to the passenger.
- Moreover, if the passengers cancel their flight ticket within a day of departure, the airline will not apply any charges to the passenger.
- If you wish to obtain a full refund, the difference between the travel date and ticket purchasing date should be seven days.
- According to the Avianca Airlines cancellation policy, passengers have to pay a portion of the ticket as the cancellation fee to get a refund.
- Similarly, the airline will not accept the refund request if the flight reservation or cancellation is requested after the risk-free period.
- Under the cancellation policy, if you fail to reach the airport on time, you have to pay the whole ticket price as a cancellation fee.
Avianca Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
With Avianca Airlines, passengers can enjoy the luxury of canceling their flight reservation without paying any charges within 24 of booking. However, it is advisable to read the given below conditions carefully to get a better understanding of the same:
- As per the 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers are allowed to cancel the flight booking for free if it is made within a day of booking.
- Moreover, if you wish to get a full refund, the departure should be no less than a week from the flight booking date.
- On the other hand, if the passenger makes a request for a refund after the risk-free period, they have to pay the cancellation charges in any situation.
- However, the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to flight tickets that are bought from a third-party platform.
Avianca Airlines No-Show Policy
- If you fail to board the flight before the planned departure, the airline will not accept your refund request.
- Besides, passengers are allowed to revoke their flight reservations by following the Avianca Airlines cancellation policy above.
- Likewise, the passenger who fails to reach the airport on time must pay the whole ticket price as Avianca cancellation fees and mark it as a No-Show.
- But, if the airline cancels your flight booking, you will not pay any charges.
How to Cancel the Avianca Flight?
Travelers can revoke their flight booking via multiple methods, For example, Online and Offline. Here you can look at these options:
To Cancel Flight Online
- First, go to the official website of Avianca Airlines, and move to the login option.
- Second, input your login credentials and click on the “Login” option.
- Now, choose “Manage Booking” and provide your required details in the given space.
- Next, click on the “cancel” button, and fill out the cancellation form, along with the reason for flight cancellation.
- Lastly, once you successfully cancel your flight reservation, you can make a request for a refund at the same time.
Cancel Flight Via Customer Service
- Passengers can also dial Avianca Airlines customer service at (1 (800) 284-2622) to talk to a live person to cancel their flight booking.
- To do this, you need to carefully follow the automated IVR menu over the call.
- Afterward, once you connect to the airline representative, you must make a request to cancel your ticket from them.
- However, you need to provide some required details regarding your flight reservation for the cancellation.
To Cancel Flight Via Visiting Airport
- Passengers can visit immediately to the nearest airport to notify the airline regarding flight cancellation.
- Then, go to the help desk, and make a request from airline representatives.
- Now, you must provide your booking details and reason for cancellation.
- Afterward, they will start the flight cancellation process. You may pay charges ro confirm your cancellation if required.
- Moreover, they must have the information about Avianca Airlines cancellation policy now.
Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
The refund policy is specially designed to fulfill the needs & requirements of the customers. However, passengers who wish to acquire a full refund should cancel their flight reservation up to 24 hours of booking.
Moreover, Avianca Airlines is a prominent airline among travelers due to its easy and fast refund process. To get more regarding the refund policy of Avianca Airlines, read the below-mentioned points carefully:
- Refunds can be achievable if the passenger has purchased flight tickets through the official website, customer service, or any other approved platform.
- However, if passengers have third-party flight tickets, they are not eligible to claim a refund. They will pay the full ticket amount as a cancellation fee.
- The airline will not ask for any charges if the flight cancellation will make within a day after the ticket purchase.
- Besides, if you wish to obtain a full refund, then the date of departure should be approx. A week as per your flight reservation date.
- According to Avianca Airlines, if a passenger makes a request for a refund after the scheduled departure of the flight, they will not be eligible for a refund.
- Similarly, the airline will not provide any refund for your flight cancellation if it is canceled within the same time of departure.
How Can I Request a Refund On Avianca Airlines?
- First, you need to download a payment reversal request form.
- Then, you must attach the form that you have filled out.
- Second, make a refund request from the claim page. Also, you need to check the status of your request in under five business days.
- Further, you will receive a confirmation email from the airline early.
Passengers must read the Avianca Airlines cancellation policy before proceeding for a refund. For further, you can take assistance from representatives by dialing Avianca Airlines customer service ( +57 3114006797).