Table of Contents
How do I Change My Flight with KLM?
Do you have a last-minute change in plans and can not take your scheduled KLM flight anymore? Want to change your flights immediately to a later schedule? You should first check the KLM change flight Policy to change your flights at minimal expense. This article will teach you how to change your KLM flights and the specific rules.
The KLM Change flight option allows you to change your flight date, time, and name on the ticket. You can also contact KLM customer service at 800-618-0104 and get further information on flight changes (available Mon-Fri 9 AM-5 PM EST).
Passengers can make KLM Flight change if their ticket is eligible for changes according to the KLM fare rules and standard ticket change policy.
What is KLM Change Flight Policy?
If you want to change your KLM flight tickets without paying extra charges or fees, adhere to the KLM flight change policy and rules mentioned below:
- You do not have to pay a change fee if you change your KLM flight tickets within 24 hours of the booking time. The airline will only ask you to pay a fare difference.
- Also, the airline will refund the fare difference if your new flight costs less than the previous ticket within 24 hours.
- You can request a refund on the additional services of your initial ticket when you choose a new flight if you do not want them anymore.
- Your extra options if costs are higher and you need them on the new flight, you need to pay the additional charges.
- To change the tickets booked by an Online travel agency or a third-party website, you have to pay a 35 USD service fee.
- After 24 hours of the booking, if you use the KLM change flights option, there will be a fee.
- However, when the airline changes your flight schedule because of a delay of more than 3 hours, you can request a free KLM change date.
- With KLM Flex tickets, passengers can make flight changes for free three times after their initial booking.
The above steps and policy will be enough for you to understand “How Do I Change my Flight date on KLM?” So, let us take a quick look at the Flight change fee by KLM airlines in the next subsection!
To Change Your Flight date with KLM
- You must visit the official KLM website and find the “My Trips” section.
- Then provide your Six-character Booking code, which you got in the confirmation email or from the e-ticket.
- You can also log in to your account to see all the scheduled trip details.
- Enter the ticketed passenger’s last name and click “Search.”
- All the itineraries related to your booking code will display on the screen.
- Click on the KLM flight change option and choose an alternative flight on a new date or time.
- Check all the entries once you are done and continue.
- Confirm the KLM change flight date fee or any other charges and complete the flight change process.
- You will receive an email confirmation from the airline with the updated details of your flight.
If you have already checked in for your flight, you must cancel the check-in to be eligible for a KLM flight change.
How do I Contact KLM to Change the date of my Flights?
Passengers can also make changes to KLM flight dates through KLM customer service. If you need to change your flight date with KLM over the phone, dial 800-618-0104 (available Mon-Fri 9 AM-5 PM EST) and get instant help from the airline.
You just need to tell the airline agent your 6-digit booking code and a few ticket details to make him help you process the flight change.
Furthermore, passengers can also change their flight schedules through the KLM official mobile app.
KLM Change Flight Fee -How much does KLM Charge to Change Flights?
The cost for changing KLM flights generally depends on the travel route, ticket type, and fare class. Refer to the table below to see how much you need to pay for a particular flight change to a specific destination or ticket type:
Ticket Type & Fee
|Travel Within||Standard Tickets||Light Tickets||Flex Tickets|
|Europe||EUR 70||Only a few destinations at EUR 70||No fee(fare difference)|
|Europe and Africa||EUR 150||Economy only at EUR 150||No fee(applicable fare difference)|
|Intercontinental||EUR 150 for others and EUR 300 for the USA or Canada||Only for the economy at EUR 150 with some exceptions||No fee(applicable difference in fare)|
|Business Ticket||There is no fee for changing a business class ticket.|
If there are at least 48 hours in your flight’s departure, there won’t be any KLM flight change fee.
Changing your Name on the KLM Flight
Suppose you noticed a mistyping in your name on the ticket, and you have a KLM flight. In that case, you can request a KLM change flight name at least 30 hours before the departure.
The airline will not ask you to change the name in case
- You have multiple first names and the booking has only one.
- The booking has your maiden name(last name on the passport)
- The name on the ticket is without spaces.
Also, note that the airline will not let you replace your name with someone else’s and only allows name correction. Kindly refer to the KLM Change flight policy for more.
Passengers can request additional information on KLM change flight service and rules through KLM customer service at 800-618-0104(9 am-5 pm EST)
See More KLM Airlines Related Articles:-
Submit your review