Table of Contents
- 1 Can You Change the Passenger Name on United Airlines?
- 1.1 Significant Name Changes / Corrections on United Airlines
- 1.2 How to Change Name On United Airlines Ticket Online?
- 1.3 Another Way To Change Name On United Airlines
- 1.4 How Can I Change My Name After Marriage on United Airlines?
- 1.5 What If I Forgot to Add My Middle Name on My Ticket To United?
- 1.6 United Airlines Name Change Fee
- 1.7 Does United Airlines Require the Middle Name of the Passenger?
- 1.8 Do I Transfer My Ticket to other Passengers at United Airlines?
Can You Change the Passenger Name on United Airlines?
Have you purchased flight tickets on United Airlines and made mistakes in your name? Well, the airline enables you to correct it, as United Airlines Name Change policy allows you to change or correct the name on your ticket. Besides, You are not able to change the name on your flight ticket without the permission of United Airlines. To avail more about the name change policy of United Airlines, you can go through the below information.
Below are some important points you must consider when requesting United Airlines change the name on the ticket.
- First, the flight for which you are changing your name should be operated by United Airlines.
- Besides, the name change request is possible on the United segment only in the case of the code-share or interline flights.
- Also, the inventory of the ticket must start with the number 016.
- Similarly, the airline allows only a single reissued ticket for United to change the name on the ticket.
According to the policy, an additional name correction is marked as a United name change subject to the United Airlines passenger name change fee and fare difference.
- In addition, the airline is not allowed passengers to make any modifications in time, class, fare, date, and fare code.
- Additionally, you can only make minor corrections during travel, as the passengers’ names should match the government-approved id.
- Similarly, the gender of the passenger and the date of birth cannot be modified when performing the United name change process.
- Likewise, making the minor corrections permitted by the airline when making mistakes to the DOB while making a flight reservation.
Significant Name Changes / Corrections on United Airlines
Apart from the conditions mentioned above, passengers sometimes need to provide the required documents to change their name on Ticket United. The conditions are as follows:
- Marriage Licence
- Divorce Decree
- Name change documents legally
- Government-issued identification that shows both current and former names.
How to Change Name On United Airlines Ticket Online?
To modify the name on your United Airlines ticket, you can use the various ways offered by the airline. Besides, to change your name online, you just implement the below steps:
- First, go to Name Change Info for MileagePlus Account’s official website.
- Second, sign in to your account.
- Then, select the”Ticket Change” option from the menu.
- After that, input the needed information in the given field.
- Further, select the “Confirm & Submit” button.
- In the end, you will get notified by the airline once you complete the name change process and make the payment.
Another Way To Change Name On United Airlines
Through Name Affidavit
Passengers can use a name affidavit in order to modify their name on their flight tickets. However, you need to make a print copy and mail the attested documents to the airlines’ address given below:
MileagePlus Service Center
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77251-1394
Moreover, you must change the necessary things to your name on your MilaegePlus account to request a United Airlines change name on the ticket.
Through Customer Service Number
When it comes to connecting with United Airlines, calling the airline is the best way. United Airlines’ customer service phone number is (1 (800) 864-8331). Besides, when you call the airline, you will connect to a live representative who will assist you in modifying your name.
However, they will ask you to share information to access your booking. Once they change your name, you will immediately get an email from the airline as confirmation.
How Can I Change My Name After Marriage on United Airlines?
When you wish to make the process for United Methodist women’s name change due to marriage, the airline will ask you to provide the documents related to your marriage to get confirmation. In addition, the airline also helps you in making the process of altering your name.
Further, you will need to pay the charges to modify your name on the ticket on United Airlines. However, these charges may fluctuate depending on the situation of the name change and the type of ticket.
What If I Forgot to Add My Middle Name on My Ticket To United?
Suppose a passenger forgot to add their middle name on the ticket while booking their flight. In this case, the first name and last name of the passenger should match with their legal name I.D. Moreover, United Airlines allows you to travel with your first and last name. However, showing your Passport, Aadhar, or Voter ID card is compulsory. Further, some essential concerns are as follows:
- Per the United Airlines name change rules, a traveler does not need to add their middle name on their ticket to travel to their desired destination.
- Similarly, the middle name of the passenger is required to secure the flight information while booking when you take off or land within the U.S. or any international point.
- In addition, travelers need to input their middle name when they check in up to 24 hours before departure.
- However, the first and last names will help you do the same.
- On the other hand, to travel with United Airlines, matching your name with your government-issued valid documents is necessary.
United Airlines Name Change Fee
After becoming familiar with the above information, you must understand the fare conditions for United Airlines to change the name on the ticket. Further, you will find the free criteria required to change a name on United.
- A fee of $75 U.S. will be charged, which the airline imposes when you request a United name change within one day of your ticket purchase.
- Following the United Airlines policy, fees for name changes start at $125 for domestic routes and $200 for international routes.
- Additionally, Passengers have 24 hours to modify their name on the ticket and correct their name free of cost, whether you need to change a letter or the full name.
Does United Airlines Require the Middle Name of the Passenger?
No, passengers need not put their middle name on the ticket. However, the middle name is used for security reasons, mostly long-haul flights. But, the passenger’s first and last name should match the passenger’s legal documents; otherwise, they will not be able to travel.
Do I Transfer My Ticket to other Passengers at United Airlines?
Yes, passengers are able to transfer their flight tickets to someone else on United Airlines. But the process and the charges will be quite different. It may differ depending on the ticket type and the fare rule. Moreover, there are multiple options available to transfer your ticket. You can connect with the airline, check the fare rules, pay the applicable charges, share the necessary information, etc.
United Airlines allows its passengers to modify or correct their name on the ticket as per their requirements. For example, you can change your name due to your marriage or divorce by showing the relevant documents to the airline. For more information, it is suggested to connect with the SkyCoair team by dialing a toll-free number to perform the United Airlines name change request.
People Also Asked Questions:-
Q. Can I change the name on the United ticket?
United has reserved the right to require legal documents for any request regarding the name change received. However, the airline may sometimes ask to show some legal documents.
Q. How do I change my name error on United Airlines?
If you mentioned an incorrect name while making your flight reservation, then you must follow the United Airlines name correction policy to make post-booking changes.
Q. Can I change my name on the United app?
Yes, you have to select Profile & Preferences and then select the personal info tab to change your name easily using the United Airlines application.
Q. Can you transfer tickets to another name?
Yes, you can transfer tickets to another name, as you can buy transferable tickets on United Airlines. Besides, these types of tickets enable you to transfer your ticket to another passenger.
Q. Does United Airlines permit international ticket name changes?
According to the United Airlines name correction rules, it is easy to change the name of the passenger regardless of the trip type, travel class, and fare type.