How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight?
If you booked your flight with Southwest and wish to cancel it, you can cancel it easily. Likewise, the airline provides Southwest Airlines cancellation policy for its passengers. This policy allows you to rescind your flight reservation without paying charges if you cancel it within the specified time limit.
Before moving further, get into some facts about the airline. Southwest Airlines Booking is considered one of the best carriers and provides the best in-flight services to its passengers. However, the airline never compromises its passenger’s satisfaction. Furthermore, read the below information on the cancellation policy of Southwest.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
According to the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, if passengers follow the guidelines of the policy, then they can use this policy without paying any additional charges. It aims to provide the best assistance to the passengers and solve their queries. Additionally, the policy helps in requesting a refund. Read the given below points:
- Passengers can cancel their flight booking only when it has been done through Southwest’s official website or by its customer service.
- Besides, if the passengers make a group booking, the cancellation charges will apply equally to every passenger.
- You can use this cancellation policy if you book your flights through Southwest’s frequent flyer program. However, the rules may differ for cancellation.
- If you rescind your flight reservation and want to rebook it, the airlines will automatically reschedule your flight booking with another flight for the same destination.
- If a passenger purchases a flight ticket up to a week before the travel date, they must cancel their reservation within a day before planned departure.
- Under Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy, the airline has divided flight tickets into two sections, i.e., refundable and non-refundable.
- Moreover, this policy also covers the information associated with the canceled flight compensation if your flight is delayed.
- Similarly, you may know that sometimes the airline delays or cancels flights due to unavoidable reasons. In that case, passengers can ask for a refund for free.
Southwest Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- The 24 hours flight cancellation policy of Southwest may facilitate passengers within this period of booking.
- It can be available on all types of tickets, and you can cancel your ticket 10 min before the departure based on your booking date.
- Additionally, the airline will not charge any charges when the passenger cancels their flight ticket within a day of departure.
- On the other hand, if passengers follow the terms & conditions of the 24-hour cancellation policy, they may ask for a full refund.
- Hence, it seems beneficial to passengers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours.
Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy
- The airline suggests that the passengers should cancel their flight ticket 10 min before the flight’s departure.
- Otherwise, you will be marked as a No-Show, and you may pay a charge for it.
- However, you can claim a refund, and you will receive your refund in flight credits.
- The benefits are available for anytime or Business select flyers.
- But, the Southwest Airlines No-Show policy may not provide refunds for others.
How to Cancel a Flight On Southwest Airlines?
The cancellation policy of Southwest allows you to cancel your flight ticket using two methods, i.e., Online or Offline.
To Cancel Online:
- First, head to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Second, click on the “Booking” option.
- Now, select the ” Change ” option and then choose the “Cancel Flight” tab.
- Next, you need to enter your booking details, such as your booking confirmation number, last name, etc.
- Then, click on the “Search” option and find your flight booking page.
- Further, choose the flight ticket to cancel.
- Click on the “Southwest Airlines cancel flight” option to rescind your flight reservation.
- Pay the Southwest Airlines cancellation fee to successfully reverse your flight.
- Once your flight cancellation is made, you will get a confirmation email.
To Cancel Offline:
- First, you need to call Southwest Airlines customer service (1 (800) 435-9792).
- Then, follow and listen to the IVR instructions carefully to speak to a live agent.
- Once you connect with them, you have to ask for your flight cancellation and provide your booking details to them.
- Lastly, pay the flight cancellation charges to confirm your cancellation and wait to get a confirmation email for your flight cancellation.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fees
|Fare Type||Ticket Type||Refund Type||Cancelation Fee|
|Non-Refundable||Wanna Get Away
Wanna Get Away Plus
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
The airline has set down some rules for the refund policy. Read the following points carefully:
- Southwest Airlines offers two types of tickets: refundable and non-refundable flight tickets.
- Passengers cannot claim a refund if they have purchased non-refundable flight tickets. However, they can still request travel credits for their next reservation.
- Besides, these travel credits can’t be redeemed through a refund request. It will remain a credit and expires after a year.
- Business Select and Anytime are refundable fares. Thus, they are eligible to get a full refund in the actual mode of payment.
- Moreover, Wanna Get Away Plus and Wanna Get Away are non-refundable. It is eligible to get travel credits on flight cancellation.
- According to the Southwest Airlines refund policy, the airlines will take 7 to 10 days to provide your refund.
How To Get a Refund From Southwest Airlines?
Passengers can claim a refund through multiple modes at their convenience. Read the given below to ask for a refund:
Request For a Refund Via Official Website
- First, navigate to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Now, click on the “Cancel flight” option and enter your flight reservation details.
- Then, you will see your travel credits along with your booking details.
- Next, click on the “Refund” option.
- At last, choose the actual mode of payment to obtain your refund.
Request For a Refund Via Customer Service
- First, you need to call Southwest Airlines customer service (1 (800) 435-9792).
- Then, share your booking details, such as your reservation number and name.
- Now, select the “Do Not Pay” option from the IVR instructions.
- At last, you will connect with a live representative shortly.
Compensation For Delayed & Cancelled Flights
For Delayed Flights
|More than 3 Hours||Up to 1500 Km||$250|
|4 to 5 Hours||1500 to 3500 Km||$400|
|More than 5 Hours||More than 3500 Km||$600|
For Cancelled Flights
|More than 3 Hours||Less than 1500 Km||$325|
|4 to 5 Hours||1500 to 3500 Km||$457|
|More than 5 Hours||More than 2500 Km||$725|
With the above handy information, Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy becomes flexible. If you still have any queries, you can dial our customer service to get instant assistance from our professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. Can I cancel my flight on Southwest?
Q. Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
Passengers can cancel their booking and obtain a full refund without paying additional charges if they follow a 24 hours cancellation policy.
Q. How late can you cancel a Southwest flight?
Passengers are allowed to rescind their flight within 10 minutes before departure.
Q. How do you cancel a flight?
If you purchase a refundable flight ticket, you can cancel your flight through the official website or call Southwest Airlines customer service.
Q. Can I cancel a Wanna Get Away flight?
Yes, passengers can easily cancel their Wanna Get Away flights. However, these types of flight tickets are not refundable.
See Also Southwest Airlines Related Posts:-
- How to change or cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight?
- How to Book a Southwest Vacation Packages?
- Southwest Airlines Last Minute Deals
- How to book Southwest Red Eye Flights on Southwest Airlines?
- How do I Book Multi City Flights on Southwest Airlines?
- Southwest Seat Selection: How to Choose Preferred Seat?
- What is Southwest Airlines Flights Sale for $69?
- Southwest Airlines $29 Flights
- What are the Cheapest Days to Fly on Southwest?
- Southwest Airlines low fare calendar