Table of Contents
- 1 How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight?
- 2 Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- 2.1 Southwest Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- 2.2 How to Cancel a Flight On Southwest Airlines?
- 2.3 Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fees
- 2.4 Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
- 2.5 How To Get a Refund From Southwest Airlines?
How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight?
If you booked your flight with Southwest & wish to cancel it, you can cancel it easily. Likewise, the airline provides Southwest Airlines cancellation policy for its passengers. This policy allows you to rescind your flight reservation without paying charges if you cancel it within the specified time limit.
Before moving further, get into some facts about the airline. Southwest Airlines Booking is considered one of the best carriers & provides the best in-flight services to its passengers. However, the airline never compromises its passenger’s satisfaction. Furthermore, read the below information on the cancellation policy.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
According to the cancellation policy Southwest Airlines, if passengers follow the guidelines of the policy, then they can use this policy without paying any additional charges. It aims to provide the best assistance to the passengers and solve their queries. Additionally, the policy helps in requesting a refund. Read the points given below:
- Passengers can cancel their flight booking only when it has been done through Southwest’s official website or by its customer service.
- Besides, if the passengers make a group booking, the cancellation charges will apply equally to every passenger.
- You can use this cancellation policy if you book your flights through Southwest’s frequent flyer program. However, the rules may differ for cancellation.
- If you rescind your flight reservation and want to rebook it, the airlines will automatically reschedule your flight booking with another flight for the same destination.
- If a passenger purchases a flight ticket up to a week before the travel date, they must cancel their reservation within a day before the planned departure.
- Under Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, the airline has divided flight tickets into two sections, i.e., refundable & non-refundable.
- Moreover, this policy also covers the information associated with the cancelled flight compensation if your flight is delayed.
- Similarly, you may know that sometimes the airline delays or cancels flights due to unavoidable reasons. In that case, passengers can ask for a refund for free.
Southwest Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
- The 24-hour flight cancellation policy of Southwest may facilitate passengers within this period of booking.
- It can be available on all types of tickets, and you can cancel your ticket 10 min before the departure based on your booking date.
- Additionally, the airline will not charge any charges when the passenger cancels their flight ticket within a day of departure.
- On the other hand, if passengers follow the terms & conditions of the 24-hour cancellation policy, they may ask for a full refund.
- Hence, it seems beneficial to passengers to cancel their flight tickets within 24 hours.
Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy
- The airline suggests that the passengers should cancel their flight ticket 10 min before the flight’s departure.
- Otherwise, you will be marked as a No-Show, & you may pay a charge for it.
- However, you can claim a refund, and you will receive your refund in flight credits.
- The benefits are available for anytime or Business select flyers.
- But, the Southwest Airlines No-Show policy may not provide refunds for others.
How to Cancel a Flight On Southwest Airlines?
The cancellation policy of Southwest allows you to cancel your flight ticket using two methods, i.e., Online or Offline.
To Cancel Online:
- First, head to the official website of Southwest.
- Second, click on the “Booking” option.
- Now, select the ” Change ” option & then choose the “Cancel Flight” tab.
- Next, you need to enter your booking details, such as your booking confirmation number, last name, etc.
- Then, click on the “Search” option and find your flight booking page.
- Further, choose the flight ticket to cancel.
- Click on the “Southwest cancel flight” option to rescind your flight reservation.
- Pay the Southwest cancellation fee to reverse your flight successfully.
- Once your flight cancellation is made, you will get a confirmation email.
To Cancel Offline:
- First, you need to call Southwest Airlines customer service (1 (800) 435-9792).
- Then, follow & listen to the IVR instructions carefully to speak to a live agent.
- Once you connect with them, you have to ask for your flight cancellation and provide your booking details to them.
- Lastly, pay the flight cancellation charges to confirm your cancellation & wait to get a confirmation email for your flight cancellation.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fees
|Fare Type||Ticket Type||Refund Type||Cancelation Fee|
|Non-Refundable||Wanna Get Away
Wanna Get Away Plus
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
The airline has set down some rules for the refund policy. Read the following points carefully:
- Southwest offers two types of tickets: refundable & non-refundable flight tickets.
- Passengers cannot claim a refund if they have purchased non-refundable flight tickets. However, they can still request travel credits for their next reservation.
- Besides, these travel credits can’t be redeemed through a refund request. It will remain a credit & expires after a year.
- Business Select and Anytime are refundable fares. Thus, they are eligible to get a full refund in the actual mode of payment.
- Moreover, Wanna Get Away Plus & Wanna Get Away are non-refundable. It is eligible to get travel credits on flight cancellation.
- According to the Southwest refund policy, the airlines will take 7 to 10 days to provide your refund.
How To Get a Refund From Southwest Airlines?
Passengers can claim a refund through multiple modes at their convenience. Read the given below to ask for a refund:
Request For a Refund Via Official Website
- First, navigate to the official website of Southwest.
- Now, click on the “Cancel flight” option & enter your flight reservation details.
- Then, you will see your travel credits along with your booking details.
- Next, click on the “Refund” option.
- At last, choose the actual mode of payment to obtain your refund.
Request For a Refund Via Customer Service
- First, you need to call Southwest customer service (1 (800) 435-9792).
- Then, share your booking details, such as your reservation number & name.
- Now, select the “Do Not Pay” option from the IVR instructions.
- At last, you will connect with a live representative shortly.
Compensation For Delayed & Cancelled Flights
For Delayed Flights
|More than 3 Hours||Up to 1500 Km||$250|
|4 to 5 Hours||1500 to 3500 Km||$400|
|More than 5 Hours||More than 3500 Km||$600|
For Cancelled Flights
|More than 3 Hours||Less than 1500 Km||$325|
|4 to 5 Hours||1500 to 3500 Km||$457|
|More than 5 Hours||More than 2500 Km||$725|
With the above handy information, Southwest cancellation policy becomes flexible. If you still have any queries, you can dial our customer service to get instant assistance from our professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Yes, you can cancel your tickets for free when you cancel them up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. Moreover, if you wish to cancel your tickets online, you need to go to the airline’s official website, choose the Cancel tab, choose the Cancel flight option, & get your booking details by providing your flight details. After that, you will get your booking, choose it, and cancel it.
Yes, you can receive a full refund for non-refundable or refundable flight tickets. Moreover, if you wish to get a refund on a refundable flight ticket, you must cancel your booking at least 10 minutes before departure. After that, you need to either get a refund for your actual payment or get your travel vouchers to your account for a future booking.
Further, if you wish to get a refund on non-refundable flight tickets like Wanna Get Away fare, you need to cancel it 24 hours before the departure online, by calling, or through the mobile app. Then, you can get a full refund on your canceled flight, or you can ask for travel vouchers for future use.
Moreover, if you purchase your tickets with a Southwest gift card & cancel it within 24 hours of purchasing, you are free to dial Southwest Airlines customer service at ( +1-855-234-4654) & request a refund.
The no-Show policy of Southwest requires that every passenger who holds a Wanna Get Away ticket needs to cancel it up to 10 minutes prior to the departure. If they don’t, the airline will mark it as a No-Show, and all the unused funds will be forfeited.
On the other hand, the no-show policy for the Anytime & Business Select fares is different. Besides, if a passenger has these categories of ticket fare no-show for a flight, then the complete portion of the unused funds will be converted into reusable travel vouchers for future use.
Under the Southwest Airlines no-show policy for reward travel booking, all the points of canceled flights will be returned to the Rapid Rewards account of the passenger. Furthermore, any related taxes & fees will be held for next time that can be used as travel funds as per the passengers’ name.
The Southwest Airlines cancellation policy for Business Select tickets permits you to cancel your ticket for approx. Ten minutes before the departure, get a full refund in the original form of payment or as eCredit vouchers for your next booking use.
Moreover, the ticket cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines states if you are a no-show for a Business Select ticket, the value of your ticket will be converted into a Travel fund for future use.
Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy states that passengers are permitted to cancel your ticket, including Business select tickets, and claim a full refund. Also, you can convert it into Travel vouchers. However, passengers need to cancel their tickets approx. 10 minutes before departure.
Moreover, Southwest’s flight cancellation policy for Wanna Gets Away fares allows you to cancel such tickets within a specified time & exchange them with a travel fund.
The rules for Southwest’s cancellation policy for non-refundable fares allow passengers to cancel a Wanna Get Away flight ticket, given it is canceled up to 10 minutes before the departure. Once you cancel the tickets, the amount will be converted into a Travel voucher for an upcoming reservation.