Table of Contents
- 1 Air France Cancellation Policy : How to Cancel?
- 2 Air France Refund Policy
Air France Cancellation Policy : How to Cancel?
Do you wish to cancel your flights and do not know how? Are you wondering whether you can contain the value of your ticket or not? Go through the Air France cancellation policy and request a refund for your flights. Who knows? You can get your whole booking amount back to your original payment form!
The following subsections will cover complete details of the Air France flight cancellation and refund process.
Air France Cancellation Policy makes you flexible with your booking, and you can make affordable ticket cancellations.
Air France Cancellation Policy
Passengers must consider the Air France cancel flight costs and rules before the cancellations process. Here are some important highlights:
- You must have purchased the ticket online through the Air France website or any offline but official booking channels.
- Travel agent bookings are only eligible for cancellation at the travel agency or by the agent.
- As per Air France flight cancellation policy, a complete ticket refund is only available on tickets canceled within 24 hours of the purchase with a schedule, not before seven days from the date.
- The Air France cancellation charge varies from $100 to $500 based on the type of ticket issued and the itinerary details.
- You can directly request a refund online or through Air France customer service.
How do I Cancel my Air France Flights?
Air France allows flight cancellations to its customers both online and offline. After that, passengers can easily refund their Air France cancelled flights or ask for compensation in case it is involuntary.
Cancel an Air France Booking Online
Access the official website of Air France and open the manage booking section.
Log in to view your flight details with the 6-character confirmation and last name.
- Choose the “Air France Cancel flight” option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and confirm your selection.
- Go over the cancellation policy again and submit the details.
- Finally, ask for refunds.
- The airline will confirm with you over the email you provided at the time of reservations.
To Cancel Fights over the Phone
You need to call the Air France flight cancellation phone number, 800-237-2747(toll-free), and ask any queries you have related to the refunds.
- Tell your ticket details to the agent and your cancellation purpose; he will assist you in canceling your flights.
- Hence, You can easily contact Air France customer service and make flight cancellations. However, travel plans are affected in a matter of a few days.
- Air France change flight service will work as you can change your schedules to a later date.
If you are unsure, you can also cancel flights at the Air France Airport Ticket office. However, passengers can not make cancellation requests at the airport within 24 hours of the booking.
24 Hours Air France Flight Cancellation Policy
Passengers who book tickets at least seven days before the departure can benefit from free cancellations under the Air France 24 hour cancellation policy. They just need to cancel their flights within 24 hours of the initial booking time.
- Air France usually does not charge any fee to the passengers making such cancellations and gives them a full refund on their original payment form. But if you purchased a ticket using voucher travel credit, you can not cancel for free.
- Also, the Air France cancellation policy 24 hours mentions that if you attempt to cancel your flight tickets on the same day, you must pay the penalty. (within 24 hours of departure)
- Passengers with group tickets can cancel their flights within 24 hours subject to a group booking contract, whereas Frequent Flyer members can not have this benefit.
Canceling an Award Ticket
According to the Air France award ticket cancellation policy, passengers can change or cancel their award flights with no fees or charges. But the major conditions for this scenario are:
- The airline has canceled their flights and they are requesting a refund.
- The travel date for this award ticket is before September 30, 2021, and the request was made before the flight departure.
- There may or may not be an additional service fee for canceling the award tickets. This service is based on your cancellation requests if not made online.
Air France Refund Policy
Once you are all clear about the ticket cancellation rules, it’s time for you to request a flight ticket refund. But to do that, you should know the Air France refund policy in detail. Let’s get into it!
- According to the Air France cancellation refund policy, passengers can easily request a ticket refund through the official website or customer service.
- For non-refundable tickets, you only have one day after the booking to make the ticket refund requests after that; it is not possible.
- Tickets canceled after 24 hours of the booking incur a fee except for refundable or upper-class tickets.
- The refund amount will be after the deduction of the cancellation fee from the original ticket amount.
- Connect to the Air France refund department phone number if you need additional information about the Air France refund policy.
How Do I Get A Refund From Air France?
Air France has all policies, including ticket cancellation and refunds. Passengers wishing to obtain a refund for their ticket from Air France should check Air France’s refund procedures.
Steps to Request Refund Online:
- First, go to the Air France official website.
- Second, click on the “My reservation” option.
- Enter your refund information, such as passenger name and reference number.
- Now, choose the flight to apply for a refund.
- Choose the “Request Refund” option.
- Fill out the “Refund Form” shown on your screen.
- Then, click on the “Submit” option.
- Once the refund process is complete. Wait to receive the confirmation mail.
- Finally, Air France will refund your money within 7 to 10 business days.
Claim For Refund Via Offline mode
Moreover, customers can get a refund by connecting with customer service by dialing the contact number or email.
- First, find the contact option on their official website.
- Second, search for a refund request phone number.
- Dial the number and talk to a live representative.
- To get a refund, provide all the booking details to them.
- They will start your refund process shortly.
- At last, wait for a confirmation email. Once your refund process is confirmed, your refund will be reflected in your account within 7 to 1o working days.
Email:- Requesting your email support can also initiate an Air France refund. To start an email refund request, you must compose an email specifying the time and reason for cancellation. Other details, such as ticket reference numbers and personal passenger information, must also be provided.
After providing all the details, please send to the official Air France email to receive your refund. Once your request has been registered, the airline will contact you to initiate the refund process.
If you need more details on the Air France Cancellation and refund policy, you can contact the Air France customer service team and request directly from the airline experts.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q- Can I cancel an Air France flight?
Customers can change or cancel their booking depending on their flight ticket types. Moreover, Air France allows passengers to change or modify their flight reservations per the cancellation policy.
Q- How much does it cost to cancel a flight with Air France?
If a customer cancels their flight ticket after a risk-free cancellation period, they have to pay a cancellation fee of $100 to $500.
Q- Can I get a refund from Air France?
Yes, customers can get a refund from Air France. However, they must fill out a refund request form or contact Air France customer service.
Q- Does Air France have a 24 hours cancellation policy?
According to Air France 24 hours cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight reservation within 24 hours of flight ticket booking.
Q- How long does Air France take to refund?
Once the refund request is made successfully, the airline will issue the refund within 7 to 10 business days.
Q- How reliable is Air France?
Air France is classified as a 4-star airline. Moreover, it is the best airlines for its onboard product and services. Therefore, products include seats, foods & beverages, onboard facilities, etc.
Q- Can non-refundable tickets be rescheduled?
Yes, you can reschedule the non-refundable tickets. Besides, you have one year from the ticket’s original issue date to reschedule.
Q- Does Air France have good customer service?
In April 2020, Air France was awarded first prize for the “Customer Relations Podium” in the transport industry.
Q- How Do I get a refund from the Air France voucher?
You can request to get your travel voucher in the “My Booking” section of Air France’s official website.
Q- Can I cancel a flight Online?
You can cancel your flight booking online if your ticket is fully refundable.
Q- How do you get through to Air France?
Customers can dial Air France (800) 237-2747 to speak to a live person from Air France.
Q- How long can you wait to cancel a flight?
Passengers can change or cancel their flight up to 10 minutes before departure.
Q- What happens when you cancel a non-refundable airline ticket?
The airline will not provide you with a refund if a customer cancels their non-refundable tickets.
Q- Can vouchers be refunded?
No, Air France vouchers are considered non-refundable.