American Airlines Travel Vouchers | How do vouchers work?
When a US customer cancels a flight with AA, you get three options; a) get the booking amount as a trip credit, b) get a flight credit to your account, and c) get American Airlines Travel Voucher for the future use. All these have a value attached to them which customers use for booking and other purposes as per the airline policy.
Usually, the airline issues a travel voucher in two forms wherein Electronic Travel vouchers are only meant for US residents. However, paper vouchers are also available for global customers.
The airline issues travel credits in one form or the other for every passenger. You request a refund from the airline because, at some point, you can not avoid cancellations, and you do not have a choice. So, if you need more information on American Airlines travel vouchers, read this article until the end!
The American Airlines Travel Vouchers are issued for several reasons like Flight refunds, loyal customer rewards, flight fare differences, etc.
Does American Airlines give vouchers for Cancelled flights?
According to data for the past months, flight cancellations have occurred too often on American Airlines. But the airline has still continued to offer compensation and other benefits to the passengers frequently.
Suppose you canceled an AA flight prior to the travel. In that case, you are eligible for a refund from the airline. But if you do not fall under the eligibility criteria for moneyback to your source account, you get an American Airlines voucher for booking.
Passengers can use their travel vouchers to book American Airlines flight tickets for anyone. But these vouchers do not allow you to use them for extras such as baggage or seats.
How do I use a travel voucher on American Airlines?
When you cancel a flight with AA, you receive a travel voucher American airlines via email that has all the details about the voucher. It also has your ticket number for reference in rebooking of the flights.
Also, let’s say that you are an AAdvantage member having a canceled reservation with the airline that includes your registered account number. In this situation, you can log on to your account and check the total travel credit available in your account.
To Rebook a Flight Using American Airlines Travel Voucher
- Go to the official website of AA and find out the canceled trip details or find your confirmation email in the registered ID.
- You can view the canceled flight through Manage Trips or check-in section on the website.
- Just provide the 13-digit ticket number or 6-digit record locator to access the details of your trip.
- Now, you can enter the rebooking section and add “Flight Credit” to your booking.
- To apply for this Travel voucher, you need your AA ticket number and apply for the credit.
- You can also find the Pin number by clicking the email link.
- Finally, you’d be able to make a rebooking with the airline.
The above steps will clear all your doubts on “How to use American airlines flight credit?” If you still need information on travel vouchers, dial the American Airlines customer service number +1-800-433-7300 and complete your booking.
Limitations & Conditions for Travel Voucher
- Only the person having an American Airlines flight voucher in his account can use it for booking purposes.
- But, he can book travel for anyone using that.
- The voucher generally expires after one year from the date of its issue.
- One person can use up to eight vouchers per trip.
- You can not book seats or add excess baggage to your reservations using the vouchers.
For any additional information related to travel vouchers or e-vouchers, you need to call American Airlines customer service at 800-433-7300 and get your doubts solved. Our expert team is also available for your help if you have additional requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. How long do American Airlines travel vouchers last?
As per the American Airlines booking policy for 2022, there is a one-year validity of your future travel credits in form of American Airlines Travel vouchers or flight credits. This means after the date of the issue, you can use these vouchers for up to one year.
Q. Will American Airlines extend vouchers to 2022?
It is clear that the American Airlines vouchers are valid for one year after the date of their issue. However, all the tickets that are expiring in 2022 will now extend to 31 December 2023. Some vouchers, on the other hand, are only valid for 90 days after the date they were issued. So, no extensions are offered on those.
See More American Airlines Related Articles:-
- American Airlines Multi-City Flights
- What is the American Airlines Missed Flight policy?
- American Airlines Student Discount
- How do I book American Airlines Group Travel?
- American Airlines Flight Booking
- How do I Seclect American Airlines Seat Selection?
- American Airlines Lost and Found
- American Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How Do I Get a Refund for a Cancelled Flight American Airlines?
- American Airlines Travel Agent
- How do I get through Someone at American Airlines?
- American Airlines Cancellation Policy
- American Airlines Change Flight
- How do I Obtain American Airlines Vacation Packages?