Have you booked your flying journey with Southwest Airlines but failed to board your flight on time? Well, you must learn about the Southwest missed flight policy. Moreover, passengers who miss their flight should inform the airline immediately at the airport or by connecting with the airline.
Moreover, If you have missed your flight due to your personal reasons, then you will be provided a new flight to the same destination by the airline authorities. Further, you need to read the guidelines to avoid any kind of inconvenience. Let’s check out the details of this desiccated policy.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Happens If I Miss My Flight Southwest Airlines?
- 1.1 What Is Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
- 1.2 What to do In Case of Southwest Missed Flight?
- 1.3 How Do I Rebook My Southwest Missed Flight?
What Happens If I Miss My Flight Southwest Airlines?
Even though you might be prepared to take your flight, you can still fail to board your flight due to multiple last-minute problems. Additionally, it may include issues with security or baggage, heavy traffic, accidents, family emergencies, and medical emergencies. For this, the airline provides Southwest missed flight standby policy for the convenience of its passengers.
Under the policy, travelers who missed a flight and reached within 2 hours of the planned departure at the airport will be assigned a standby flight. Likewise, the airline will put them on alternate flights. In addition, you do not have to pay any charges to the airline. However, the new flight might be direct or connecting.
What Is Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy?
Among the other airlines, Southwest Airlines provides the best-missed flight policy that meets the expectations of the passengers. Moreover, follow the Southwest Missed flight policies to avoid any loss in the event of a missed flight.
- If a traveler misses their flight, then it will be known as a no-show condition. That means you are not shown to the airline. They have canceled the tickets for this reason.
- Besides, they announce that one has to respond before flight cancellation.
- Similarly, if you missed your flight, you do not need to pay any charges as per Southwest Airlines missed flight policy.
- Likewise, the ticket charges are the same as the cancellation fee, so you do not have to pay additional charges.
- Also, if you inform the airline about missing your flight before departure, then you do not need to pay anyone-show charges.
- However, if you forget to notify the airline about your missed flight, you must pay a no-show fee.
- If you missed your flight on Southwest Airlines, relax and sit. You can make the flight up at no extra cost.
Additionally, the airline will cancel your upcoming reservation with Southwest if you do not pay the no-show fee.
- Moreover, you will get benefits if you inform the airline about missed flights.
- For example: if I missed my flight Southwest and notified the airline prior to the departure. Then, the airline will offer a new flight reservation for free.
- On the other hand, if you do not want to travel at the specified date and time, skip your flight. Then, you can claim a refund for the unused part of your ticket.
What to do In Case of Southwest Missed Flight?
According to the Southwest, you have to consider some steps to get a standby flight as per the Southwest missed flight policy. Missing your flight does not have to be the end of the world. If you can get to the airport within two hours of departure. Moreover, the airline offers various ways to handle the situation when you miss your flight. Further, you will find some things that will help you when you miss a flight.
Try To Cancel your Flight
Travelers can cancel their flight booking even 10 minutes before the departure. Similarly, if you are about to reach the airport or a few minutes away, you need to convince the airlines, or you can speak to a live person at Southwest Airlines and explain your situation.
Inform The Airlines
If you realize that you may miss your flight or have missed Southwest flight. Then, you should inform the airline immediately regarding your missed flight. Further, the airline may provide you with a refund or a new flight reservation for the next available flight for free.
Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy
It will be considered a no-show when you do not show up at the airport on your boarding time. Moreover, the policy determines the outcomes of failing to board your flight for both non-refundable or refundable fares.
- Southwest Airlines does not charge a missed flight fee in specific situations when you have refundable flight tickets.
- Similarly, passengers with Business select fares and anytime tickets can cancel their flight at least 10 minutes before the departure of the flight.
- In addition, this condition will apply on a no-show case as per Southwest missed flight policy.
- Further, you will lose the entire value of your ticket in case of Wanna Get Away, or Wanna get away plus fares.
How Do I Rebook My Southwest Missed Flight?
If you are willing to rebook your missed flight, then you need to follow the below steps carefully:
- First, you need to check your eligibility criteria for the rebooking, or the airline permits you to rebook.
- Second, go to the airline’s official website and log into your account.
- Then, move to the “Manage My Trip” section.
- Now, you will find various options, but you need to choose the “delayed or disrupted” section.
- After that, you can rebook your missed Southwest flight on a different date by inputting the required details in the provided space.
- Further, choose the “Book” button, and you are able to reschedule your flight as per your requirements for free.
- If you need assistance to rebook your flight, you can ask your travel agent or call the airline.
Is There A Penalty For Missed Flight On Southwest Airlines?
Yes, if passengers refuse to pay the no-show fee, then the airline will not accept any booking from passengers or may cancel their future reservations. Besides, if you are familiar with Southwest Airlines missed flight policy. Then, you will get the next available flight for free. On the other hand, If you hold a non-refundable flight ticket, the airline may penelize you for a missed flight, and you need to pay upto $75 to $400 per passenger.
Passengers can talk to a live representative if they wish to collect more information regarding Southwest airlines missed flight policy. Moreover, the agents at Southwest are always available 24/7 to assist the passengers.