When traveling abroad, we sometimes spend more than just a day or two. However, pet lovers can not always leave their favorite pets at home. But how do they bring their pets to air travel when they are unaware of the pet’s safety? It’s inevitable that you must make some hard choices but not with Allegiant Air pet policy. As Allegiant will make sure your pet travels safely onboard.
Allegiant Airlines is an American carrier serving chartered flights to several major destinations across the globe. Allegiant Air targets small cities with limited passenger traffic and focuses on leisure travelers who may range from cold to warm climates. Your pet can also enter the flight cabin with Allegiant. Now, let’s find out the airline’s pet travel policy for your perfect air travel.
Table of Contents
Does Allegiant Allow Pets Onboard?
Allegiant accepts your animals/pets (domestic cats and dogs only) in the aircraft cabin. As per the Allegiant Airline pet policy, you can only take pets in FAA-approved crates or cages that can fit under the seat. Besides, they can not measure up to 9″H x 16″W x 19″ D. However, to know more about taking pets onboard, let’s see the airline’s pet policy in detail.
What are Allegiant’s Pet Travel Rules?
If you wish to take your pets on board, know the pet policy Allegiant Air has sanctioned for the passengers. Here are some of the pet travel rules that you must follow:
- A soft-sided carrier is highly suggested for air travel. Furthermore, pets need to stay comfortably in the under-seat carrier at all times.
- Pets must comfortably stand or roll over in the carrier, so the airline administration will determine if there is enough room in the carrier for the pet.
- A dog kennel or tote bag is included in the carry-on baggage allowance.
- Your pet must travel in a ventilated container.
- Your pet must not be taken out of the carrier during the flight
- Passengers must be at least 15 years old to bring pets on board.
- Cats and dogs must be over 12 weeks old and have proof of vaccinations required for travel under the
- Allegiant Airlines pet policy and rules.
- Cats and dogs are the only animals that can travel on Allegiant Air flights
- Guide dogs are allowed regardless of weight and size
- Porters must be no larger than 19″ x 16″ x 9″
- Pets traveling in the cabin do not require a health certificate.
- Allegiant is not a cargo airline and does not accept cargo of any kind.
- The airline only transports live animals in the cabin and does not transport animals as checked baggage.
- The little animals that you can carry onboard include domestic Cats and dogs only and must be transported in hard or soft leak-proof transport
What is the Allegiant Air Pet Travel Fee?
For those who want to take pets on board, the Allegiant Air pet travel policy has set a certain fee which they should pay as pet travel cost. There is an in-flight pet fee of USD 50 per airline, per one-way flight, and no more than two pets per airline. An additional $100 fee per one-way flight applies to each airline in the cabin, with no more than two pets per airline.
Is there a specific rule to take Service Animals onboard with Allegiant?
Allegiant Airlines allows dogs and other service animals for disabled people to accompany that person in the cabin free of charge. Airlines will accept identification, tags, or other written documentation as evidence that the animal is a service animal. They will also ask for the presence of a seat belt or markings on the seat belt; or a credible verbal assurance from a disabled person using the animal.
Furthermore, Allegiant will even permit a service animal to attend to a qualified person with a disability in a bulkhead seat or a non-bulkhead seat. However, this only depends on personal preference. You can make an Allegiant Airlines Booking unless the animal blocks an aisle or other area that remains clear. This is a possible, emergency evacuation. Service animals may not occupy seats.
Emotional support or comfort animals do not require special training for this role. Psychologists’ letterhead requires appropriate documentation stating the same.
Moreover, for additional information on the pet policy for Allegiant Airlines, you can connect to one of our airline experts and know your options with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. What size dog can fly on Allegiant?
You can take guide dogs with you regardless of their size and weight. Moreover, carriers must be no longer than 19in x 16in x 9in.
Q. How strict is Allegiant with pet carriers?
You make sure that your pet should not be longer than 9″ H x 16″ W x 19″ D. In addition, there are limitations of two pets per carrier and one carrier allowed with each passenger.
Q. Does Allegiant allow dogs in the cabin?
Yes, Allegiant Airlines allowed domestic dogs and cats to travel along with you in the class. For additional information, you can visit the official website of the airline.
Q. How do I add a pet to my Allegiant flight?
To make a reservation with your pet, just click on the “Add a pet in Cabin” link in the traveler’s section while making your reservation online. Also, you can dial (702-505-8888) to make your pet’s reservation.
Q. Can I take a 25 lb dog on a plane?
Yes, if your pet is under 25 pounds, it is allowed to sit in a carrier on its owner’s lap by paying a fee of $95. However, the owner has to buy an extra seat for dogs heavier than 25lb.
Q. Does Allegiant charge for emotional support animals?
Allegiant Airlines no longer allows emotional support animals on the flights as per the continuous changes from the U. S department of the air carrier. However, the airline will continue to permit psychiatric service dogs to travel in the cabin for free.
Q. Does Allegiant Air ask for a Pet Health Certificate?
Allegiant Air does not require any health certificate for your pets to board the cabin. Besides, the airline accepts domestic dogs and cats to travel on the flight as per Allegiant’s pet policy.