Table of Contents
- 1 How to Rebook American Airlines Flight?
- 1.1 Guidelines of American Airlines Rebook Policy
- 1.2 Use American Airlines Manage Booking for Rebooking
- 1.3 Procedure to Rebook an American Airlines Flight
- 1.4 How Much Does It Cost to Rebook a Flight American Airlines?
- 1.5 How Long Does It Take to Rebook American Airlines?
- 1.6 What Is The American Airlines 15 Minutes Rebooking Policy?
How to Rebook American Airlines Flight?
Sometimes, travelers need to rebook their flight when they change or cancel their flight due to the uncertainty of life. The airline completely understands the needs & requirements of the airline. So, travelers are able to make American Airlines rebooking to reach their desired destination.
Moreover, you can easily rearrange your flight using the Manage Booking feature on the official site of the airline. In the blog below, we will discuss the guidelines and the process of rebooking.
Guidelines of American Airlines Rebook Policy
Below are the terms & conditions of the AA rebooking policy. Read all the following points carefully.
- Passengers who missed their connecting flight can rebook their flight on another flight. However, they cannot travel to the same destination twice.
- AA passengers can call customer care at the 24/7 phone number at 800-433-7300 and ask for a rebooking on a canceled flight or directly rebook a flight.
- The typical rebooking process can take up to 24 hours. Likewise, you can request for an American Airlines Rebook canceled flight through multiple modes online and offline.
- Change or cancel your flight before rebooking it.
- The airline permits rescheduling flights up to 48 hours prior to the flight departure. Rebook a flight/cancel it and avail the flight credits in the form of a refund in the next 48 hours.
- In addition to this, American Airlines offers same-day rebooking even four hours after the flight cancellation in specified circumstances.
- The airline provides free rebooking and compensation for a later flight when AA cancels your flight and is unable to provide an alternate flight option for the same destination.
- You can even rebook your flight without paying any charges when you do it within 24 hours of the actual purchase.
- The rebooking can be done only before the departure of the flight. You will need to adopt the missed flight policy when the flight has taken off.
- You can revoke the departed flight and rearrange it at another date but you cannot make the same-day rebooking in this situation.
- Ensure that the tickets bought directly from American Airlines will be subject to flight rebooking.
Use American Airlines Manage Booking for Rebooking
Travelers can use the Manage Booking feature to rebook a flight. It is a useful feature by the airline for American Airlines rebooking. It allows them to rearrange their itinerary for the same destination. You may need to cancel or change your flight due to a variety of reasons.
Passengers sometimes may fail to board their flight for multiple reasons. The airline allows passengers to rearrange their flights through Manage Booking. There are various ways in which a passenger can rebook a flight online or offline.
Procedure to Rebook an American Airlines Flight
Below are the various ways to rearrange a flight on American Airlines. Use anyone at your convenience.
Via Official Website
It is easy to make the process of rebooking through the official website whether it is a canceled flight or passengers who want to modify or rebook their flight.
- Head to the official website of American Airlines.
- Click on the My Trip segment on the home page.
- Here, enter the required things in the provided column, such as the booking confirmation number, first or last name of the passenger, etc.
- Click on the Search to get your reservation page.
- You will get the Pre-booked flight options on the new page.
- Click on the flight you wish to rebook.
- You will find the change or cancel option.
- Besides, you can directly rearrange your flight when your booking is already canceled.
- Here, click on the Change Flight option and make your modifications.
- Once the process is done, select the Rebook option, and you will get to the payment page where you need to complete the payment using the travel credits or another payment method.
- The airline will send you a confirmation email regarding your flight rebooking.
Through Mobile App
Alternatively, travelers can Manage Booking using the American Airlines application by considering the following steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for American Airlines applications.
- Click on the Download option.
- Click on the app icon to run the application.
- Log in to your AAdvantage account or as a guest.
- Move to My Trip and enter some required details such as booking number, ticket number, record locator, passengers’ name, etc.
- Click on Find Reservation and then click on the pre-reserved flight.
- Next, start to make the desired changes to your reservation or cancel it.
- Besides, suppose you cancel the process of refund and again repeat steps 5 to 7.
- Choose a new flight and hit the Rebook option.
- At last, you need to pay the American Airlines rebooking fee to the airline using your preferred payment option.
Via Visting the Airport
American Airlines allows for rebooking offline as well. You can visit the nearest airport and rebook your flight. These options can be used at the last minute, and most passengers prefer it when they miss a flight. You just need to contact the airline representative at the airport counter and notify him that you are required to make a rebook.
The airline supervisor provides you with the important details regarding your rescheduling. He will ask you to provide the needed details of your previous flight. You need to pay the applicable charges to complete the process of your rescheduling, and you will acquire a confirmation email from the airline.
Via Phone Number
It is now possible to use the American Airlines phone number for an American Airlines rebook flight. The passengers can call the airline and make a request for rebooking. You just need to follow the given steps carefully to do the same:
- Dial the American Airlines rebooking number at 800-433-7300 and then consider the on-call instructions carefully.
- Then, wait to connect your call to the AA representative and then request a rebooking.
- You can directly proceed to rebook your flight if you have already canceled your flight. However, if not, then you can ask the representative for a flight change.
- Finally, you will be done after paying the American Airlines rebooking fee.
Passengers can use the travel credit to rebook their flight. Besides, just proceed as you generally do and use the flight credit instead of money on the checkout page. However, the airline does not allow you to use the credits for a group reservation. You can only use it per flight per passenger.
Steps to follow:
- First, Ensure to change or cancel your flight.
- Then, you will acquire a confirmation email.
- You can see the ticket number of the canceled flight in the email.
- Your credits won’t be collected in your wallet unless you are an AAdvantage member. But, it can be tied up with the canceled tickets when you want to utilize the credits, so ensure to keep the details of your canceled flight handy and safe.
- Move to the Manage Trip/Check-in tab and click on the Canceled Flight tab.
- Enter the required information about your canceled flight, such as the ticket number and the complete name of the passenger.
- Select the Find My Trip tab.
- You will be able to see the complete information of your canceled flight alongside the remaining credits.
- Click on Rebook My Trip, and then you will be redirected to the Booking.
- You can add the credits to deduct the final payable amount on the checkout page when you have made your selection.
- Make the payment and then your flight will be rebooked.
At The Kiosk
American Airlines allows you to use the self-help kiosk at the airport to manage your reservation and rearrange it. Moreover, it is also an alternative for American Airlines rebooking. Click on the My Trip and then enter the booking details. You will be able to change your flight and then select the Rebook option on your screen.
How Much Does It Cost to Rebook a Flight American Airlines?
The rebooking charges of the airline adhere to the mentioned below guidelines:
- AA does not charge any rebooking fee when the passenger rebook their flight within 24 hours of purchase.
- In addition, rescheduling your American Airlines Rebooking fee is $0-$750.
- Similarly, you do not need to pay any reschedule cost when you cancel the Flight 72 hours before your flight departure.
- On the other hand, you can also use the same-day flight change and acquire a new reservation on another flight under the same Booking on rescheduling.
Things to Consider for American Airlines Rebook Flight
There are some points to consider when you are going to rearrange your flight.
- The same-day flight reservation is forbidden unless you have canceled your flight at least 73 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- It completely depends on the availability of the flight.
- Also, a flight rebooking cannot go against the actual reservation unless you rescind your original reservation and rebook an entirely different flight.
- The airline allows rescheduling a flight for free or even provides a refund when one misses their connecting flight due to the airline’s fault In accordance with the American Airlines rebook policy.
- The airline will ask you to pay the charges when you miss a flight.
- You cannot rearrange a departed flight unless the time difference is four hours.
- Cancel and rebook the flight for another date by paying the applicable charges in the event of a no-show. It depends on the availability of the flight.
- Passengers can go to different hubs for connecting flights when the flight is rebooked.
- The flight rebooking is allowed due to the changes prior to the take-off.
How Long Does It Take to Rebook American Airlines?
Passengers can request the AA rebooking and move ahead with the rescheduling procedure after 5 to 7 minutes. Moreover, it might take a maximum of this long for the passengers to get a confirmation from American Airlines to rebook the canceled flight.
What Is The American Airlines 15 Minutes Rebooking Policy?
AA made some modifications to the rebooking policy, and it enables the customers to reach their desired destination when they arrive late at the airport. However, the airline will rebook them instantly for the upcoming flight within 15 minutes.
With the above blog, you have learned everything about the American Airlines rebooking policy. You can connect with the AA customer service team, who will assist you regarding your queries and doubts If you wish to get the details.