Everyone wishes to explore the world while sitting in their preferred seat. If you have made your flight reservation with JAL, then you must know the Japan Airlines Seat Selection policy. The airline allows seat assignment for each travel class, along with discounted fares and award ticket holders. Moreover, you can change the assigned seat and buy an available seat to your liking prior to the departure of your flight.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Japan Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
What Is Japan Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
Here, you will know the guidelines of the seat selection policy of JAL designed for travellers who wish to choose their preferred seat on the plane.
- Passengers with all categories of class, such as Business class, First class, Economy class, and Premium Economy class with the normal or discounted fare, are permitted to select their preferred seat.
- Moreover, passengers can select seat Japan Airlines for free when they are holding award tickets.
- Besides, there might be limited seats to the fare type, needed award tickets, and the place from where the flight is booked. Due to the unavailability of seats, it is not guaranteed that you will get your preferred seat.
- In addition, there are some situations when seat selection is not available, for example, if all seats for advance seat selection are booked and for the Deutsche Bahn rail segment.
- Apart from this, if you are willing to book a seat with additional legroom, you need to pay the charges. However, it is not compulsory for every class.
- According to the JAL seat selection policy, you may need to pay the charges for set selection when you make your flight tickets for economy class.
- In addition, if you have a membership of JGC premier, JMD Diamond, JMB crystal, One World Tier Stats, JMB Sapphire, and JAL Global Club. Then, you are allowed to book the extra legroom seat for free.
- Additionally, you are free to connect to the JAL customer service team to reserve a seat with additional seats to accompany passengers who are flying with status members.
- Similarly, if you booked a flight with class Y, you can also book your extra legroom seat without paying any hidden charges.
- Also, the seats of emergency exit rows are limited to the passengers satisfying each situation.
- On the other hand, exit row seats can be re-booked on the day of departure of flight without a refund if you do not follow the safety rules.
How To Select Seat Japan Airlines?
Japan Airlines provides numerous ways to select seats. Besides, passengers can use any method at their convenience. Here, you can follow the below steps if you wish to make Japan Airlines seats selection online.
Method 1: Seat Selection Online
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Japan Airlines.
- Secondly, move to the “View My Reservation” section on the homepage.
- Then, you must locate the “My Reservations” option.
- Now, you have to enter the required information in the provided space, such as booking number, departure date, and first and last name.
- After that, click on the “View My Reservation” tab.
- With this, you will get all your booking details on your screen.
- Now, you need to choose the flight for which you wish to choose your desired seat.
- Next, you will be able to view all flight segments. Then, you can choose a seat for your flight under the same booking by choosing the link seat allocation.
- Lastly, you can choose the seat highlights with green and ensure that you agree to the terms & conditions for seat selection.
Moreover, Japan Airlines also holds some seats that cannot be selected. Similarly, these seats are reserved for full-fare first-class customers. Besides, if you wish to book these seats, you need to contact the JAL representatives at customer service or the airport.
Method 2: Seat Selection Offline
If you are unable to select your seat online, then you can also make a Japan Airlines select seat by calling. Moreover, you can talk to a live person at Japan Airlines to make a seat selection on JAL. Here you can consider the below steps for a complete understanding.
- First, you need to dial the JAL reservation phone number.
- After that, you need to choose your preferred language from the IVR instructions.
- Then, you must tab on the ideal option that will reach your call to the JAL representatives.
- Once your call connects to the agent, you can make a request to book your preferred seat on Japan Airlines.
Does Japan Airlines Charge For Seat Selection?
Passengers with special needs, such as window seats, aisle, extra legroom seats etc., need to pay Japan Airlines seat selection fee to the airline to confirm their desired seat on the plane. Moreover, the charge is not fixed as it depends on the needs of the passenger and the time of making seat selection. For better insight, you can check out the below table.
|Route||Canada Sale||Japan Sale||Other Countries|
|North America/Europe||100 CAD||10,000 JPY||$100 USD|
|Southeast Asia/Japan||60 CAD||6,000 JPY||$60 USD|
|Manila/Japan||40 CAD||4,000 JPY||$40 USD|
Moreover, if you are holding Sapphire, Cristal, One World Tier, and Diamond status, then you are free to make a free seat selection when selecting extra legroom seats. In addition, passengers with class Y booking also do not need to pay any fee to select a seat at JAL.
Hopefully, the above information will be helpful to you and solve your queries regarding Japan Airlines seat selection. If you still have any doubts, you can directly contact the Japan Airlines customer service team to get answers to your questions 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. How do I choose my seat on Japan Airlines?
You can select your desired seat from the available seat options. Moreover, if you have a premium membership of the frequent flyer program. Then, you can make a seat selection for free on Japan Airlines. Besides, you can also select a seat after your confirmed reservation till your flight’s check-in window opens.
Q. Can I choose my seats with an Economy class ticket at JAL?
Yes, Japan Airlines seat selection is available for domestic and international routes and also for flight tickets of all kinds of fares. Even if you are holding a discounted fare or award tickets, JAL allows you to make a paid seat selection.
Q. How do I choose my seat after booking a flight?
Once you’re done with booking your flight (or while the process, based on the airline). Then, you need to click to view the seat map and pick your seat.
Q. How to get free seat selection?
To avoid paying the seat selection charges, just scroll to the bottom section of the seat selection page. Here, you will find the text that reads “skip seat selection for now”.