Travelers from different locations book their itineraries with Air Canada as it facilitates its passengers with the best services and facilities. Moreover, the airline provides its passengers with the leverage to change their name on the ticket as per Air Canada Name Change Policy. Besides, Air Canada is a flag carrier and the largest flight in Canada by the number of passengers and its fleet size. Read below to learn more about the name change policy.
Air Canada Name Correction Policy
- Air Canada offers a name change service for free within 24 hours of booking. Otherwise, you will be entitled to pay charges to the airline.
- Moreover, if you wish to change your entire itinerary, the airline will not make any changes to the time, date, and destination.
- As a result, the name change in the ticket is not possible as per Air Canada name change policy 2023.
- Besides, you can make major corrections such as date of birth and gender due to the errors that happen at the time of booking.
- In the case of multi-city flight booking, you can request only name changes for each segment on Air Canada.
- Similarly, Air Canada offers name correction to be classified as re-issuance in the same class, and the change fee and the fare difference will be applicable.
- The new policy of changing the name on Air Canada allows the user to change and all other changes apart from the name.
Documents Required For Air Canada Name Change On Ticket
Passengers will have to show some documents to the airline for name change Air Canada & send them to the official email id of the airline. Further, look out for the list of documents that should be attached to get approval for a name change:
- The request application form for the name change.
- Also, the old tickets from which the name needs to be changed.
- Mention the new name with proof of the document.
- Moreover, some legal documents include divorce papers, Marriage papers, and transgender cases.
- And all other supporting documents to prove your name change request.
How To Change Name On Air Canada Ticket?
Passengers can make a request for Air Canada change passenger name on the portal of the airline. For this, you need to follow the given below steps:
- First and foremost, open the official website of Air Canada and log in to your account.
- Then, you need to choose the “Manage Booking” page.
- Now, you need to enter some required details of your ticket.
- Further, mention the passengers’ last names in the provided space.
- Next, click on the “Find” button to get your flight list.
- Further, select the flight with which you wish to perform a name change on your ticket.
- Afterward, make your name change as you want and save the changes by clicking on the save tab.
- At last, Air Canada will send you an email regarding your name change confirmation.
Air Canada Change Name On Ticket Via Phone
- If you do not wish to use the online method, then you can opt for the offline method.
- To initiate, you need to first dial the Air Canada customer service number (1 (888) 247-2262) from your mobile device.
- Then, you must follow the IVR menu carefully to connect with the airline.
- Once your call connects to Air France, you need to provide some specific details of your booking to the representative.
- Now, you need to make a request to them to change the name on your flight ticket.
- Next, the agent may ask you to pay a fee to change your ticket.
- Once you make payment, the airline will confirm your name change.
Air Canada Name Change Fee
Air Canada name change policy states that:-
- Any name change made within 24 hours is free.
- The correction of up to three letters in the name is also free.
- Besides, the change for full name costs $60 to $160.
- Moreover, the fare difference and taxes will be applied.
- The different fares to Air Canada are charged differently.
- Flex – $60
- Tango – $100
- Latitude – Free
- Business Lowest – $60
- Business Flexible – Free
Change Misspelled Name On Air Canada Ticket
Are you looking for a guide for the Air Canada name correction on your ticket? Here, you will find the things that you need to know in the section mentioned below:
- If the traveler has booked multiple flights, they can change their name and make name corrections.
- In addition, interline and codeshare agreements flight partners qualify for name correction.
- However, you must ensure that the ticket should be from the 014 ticket inventory in case of name correction as per Air Canada name correction policy.
- In the name change section, It does not allow some changes. Additionally, it may include the destination, time, flight date, date of birth, and gender of the traveler.
- Likewise, minor corrections are permitted by the airline. In addition, free minor corrections for at least three characters are allowed for passengers.
If you find any issue while changing your name or need additional information on then, you can dial the Air Canada helpline number at +1-860(364)8556 to obtain instant assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. Can you change names on an Air Canada flight?
Yes, Air Canada provides a name change service for free up to 24 hours after the initial purchase of the flight.
Q. How do I change my name after booking a flight?
Usually, you can change your name online on the airline’s official site. But you can also call the airline and change the name with the help of agents.
Q. Can I change flight passenger name?
Yes, you can change the name on flight tickets, but the airline will charge you an administration fee to do this.
Q. How much does it cost to change the name on an airline ticket?
If you change your name after the risk-free period, you need to pay the airline a fee of $75.
Q. Is there any 24-hour name correction policy?
Yes, the 24 hours name correction policy is available on Air Canada for the convenience of the passengers.
Quick Links Air Canada Related:-
- How do I speak with someone at Air Canada?
- Can you book multi-city with Air Canada?
- Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- Does Air Canada allow seat selection?
- Air Canada Flight Booking
Submit your review