A Simple Guidance On Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program
With Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors policy, the airline ensures the safety of children while traveling. Moreover, Delta Airlines recently inserted some features such as complimentary access to the Sky lounge for the minors, the Delta crew guard for your child throughout the trip, and a trackable wristband.
Further, we will understand all the information that every Delta flyer needs to know before reserving their child ticket under Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor program. Along with documents required for children while traveling, the minor fee, and all other necessary information to make unaccompanied minor travel.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Rules
For Delta’s booking of your child, customers should know some essential points associated with unaccompanied minors on Delta. Further, the following terms & conditions will assist you with your child’s booking without facing hassle. Explore the below facts:
- This policy does not apply to children who are four years or younger than this. They travel with an adult to fly off to the destination.
- A child who is five to seven years old may fly on non-stop Delta flights. Additionally, the airline will charge $150.
- Therefore, kids aged eight to fourteen can fly on connecting and non-stop Delta flights. Minor flying singles will have to pay $150.
- Besides, kids between 15 to 17 years can travel as standard passengers. Unaccompanied minor service is available for them also.
Features of the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Delta Airlines offers some features to deliver outstanding services to its passengers. The airline ensures the safety of your child traveling alone on the flight. Moreover, some features Delta offers are:
- Delta personnel escort
- Sky Zone lounge
- Trackable wristband
All the above things will make your child’s journey memorable and pleasurable. Therefore, you must pay the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied minors fee to confirm your child’s booking.
Important Tips On Delta Unaccompanied Minor Tickets
Delta is a great airline whose sole goal is to make travel easier. When your child travels by air, they should be stress-free. Delta’s Unaccompanied Minor Policy requires that children be prepared before travel alone.
Further, ensures to pack the following essentials while making the kid’s luggage:-
- Games, books, favorite snacks, and any other things for entertainment.
- Some essential documents such as ID cards, identity proof, etc.
- A small backpack to carry some essentials.
- Moreover, a large suitcase is a checked bag for packing heavy stuff.
Note:- Get further details regarding the Delta Unaccompanied Minor flight tickets by speaking with a live person.
Does Delta Airlines Allow Unaccompanied Minors?
As one of the nation’s largest airlines serving cities within the United States, there’s a good chance you’ll consider Delta for your child’s flight. Under Unaccompanied Minors policy, minors between the ages of 5 and 17 can travel without parents.
Airlines have different travel rules for children depending on the age of the child. Additionally, Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor flights must be taken during the day than night to reduce the risk.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
- Unaccompanied minors traveling on Delta, including those who choose optional services for ages 15-17, will incur a $150 program fee in addition to the cost of their ticket.
- This total fee of unaccompanied Delta Airfare is $300. It is applicable for a round-trip or two one-way flights booked separately.
- Furthermore, the good news is that Delta can cover up to four children on the same booking for the unaccompanied minor rate.
- Consequently, this is perfect if you have multiple children who must take to Grandma and Grandpa’s house in the summer.
- Charges are high as it is intended to cover the program’s cost. It includes supervision and accompaniment of the entire flight route.
How To Book Delta Unaccompanied Minor’s Flight Tickets?
Passengers can make a flight booking for Delta Airlines unaccompanied minors with simple methods. Let’s learn the procedure step by step:-
Online Booking Method
- Remember that you can’t make reservations for unaccompanied minors By the Official website.
- Besides, you need to dial a suitable number of airlines to speak with a live person.
- Now, you need to follow the IVR instructions and convenient select options.
- After that, you will connect with a customer executive.
- Moreover, you must provide your documents to confirm the booking for your kid.
- They will check the eligibility of your child and then proceed further.
- At last, the executive will give you a 4-digit code. Additionally, you can use this code to make any changes.
Offline Booking Method
- On the other hand, you can call the customer helpline to book minor tickets.
- Second, follow the instructions and connect with a live representative.
- Afterward, share the details of your kid to the offline booking process.
- Lastly, you must pay ticket charges to confirm the minor booking procedure.
Note: Follow the above methods carefully to complete the flight booking for your minor 24/7.
Hopefully, the above information will be helpful to you. But still if you face any issue in booking the flight tickets for your minor or regarding Delta Airlines Unaccompanied minor policy. You can connect with us by calling our customer service and speak with a human. They will assist you and are available 24/7 to solve all your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q- Can a 14-year-old fly unaccompanied on Delta?
Kids aged 5 to 14 can fly under Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors program.
Q- Does Delta Airlines allow unaccompanied minors?
Yes, Delta Airlines provides safe travel for your kids, especially when traveling alone. The team of 4 children aged 5 to 14 can enjoy employee escorts and special amenities by paying $150.
Q- Can my 15-year-old fly alone?
With Delta Airlines, children between 12 to 15 years old can fly alone. However, they must sign the form of indemnity on the day of departure at check-in time.
Q- How much is the unaccompanied minor fee on Delta?
Delta Airlines charged $150 USD/CAD/EUR for each unaccompanied minor. The charges apply to travel within the US for non-stop and connecting flights.
Q- What does a minor need to fly on Delta?
Minors must show a state-issued photo ID for domestic flights and a valid passport for international flights.
Q- How do I add a minor to my Delta flight?
To add a minor to your booking, customers can call Delta reservations (1-800-221-1212) or contact Reservation Sales (1-800-221-1212) to inform the airline that they have bought a flight ticket for your child that will be traveling alone.
Q- Does Delta require a birth certificate for minors?
Delta Airlines allows children under two years to fly for free with their parents. However, parents may show the birth certificate of their child.
Q- How old do you have to be to travel alone on Delta?
The age criteria for unaccompanied minors are 5 to 14 years for travel after booking the Unaccompanied Minor program.
Q- Does a 16-year-old need an ID to fly Delta?
Federal law requires ID proof from each passenger for 18 or more than this. However, children below 18 are not.
Q- Can I add a person to my Delta flight?
To add a seat, you must create a new PNR using the passenger’s last name and the EXST as the first name. Further, type the PTC (Passenger Type Codes) to match the requested seats and their number.
See More Delta Airlines Related Articles:-
- Delta Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- What is Delta Airlines Low Fare Calendar?
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- Does Delta give Compensation For Delayed Flights?
- Delta Airlines Missed Flight Policy
- How do I Redeem my Delta Voucher?
- How to make Delta Airlines Seat Selection?
- Delta Red Eye Flight
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- How Can you Book a Multi-City Flight on Delta?