Table of Contents
- 1 Can Children Fly Alone with Etihad?
- 1.1 What Age is Unaccompanied Minor on Etihad?
- 1.2 Guidelines for Etihad Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- 1.3 What Is Unaccompanied Minor Service on Etihad Airways?
- 1.4 Important Rules About The Etihad Airways Unaccompanied Minor
- 1.5 How to Book Etihad Airways Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- 1.6 How much is Unaccompanied Minor on Etihad?
Can Children Fly Alone with Etihad?
Yes, Etihad Airways Unaccompanied Minor service is applicable for children who are between 5 to 17 years old. If you are looking for an airline with whom you can send your child alone stress-free, you must choose Etihad Airways. Children who are 5 to 11 years old who are flying alone are always considered as per the policy.
Moreover, the airline has made various rules for the safety of your child that you must follow. In the blog below, you will be able to understand the policy, rules, and more that enable you to avoid any hassle while booking your child alone.
What Age is Unaccompanied Minor on Etihad?
Unaccompanied minor age Etihad is applicable for children aged 5 to 17 years old. Children who are between 12 to 17 can travel by booking their own adult ticket but have to pay to use the service. Guests between 12 and 17 are not permitted to escort an Unaccompanied Minor. Besides, minors aged 13-17 years old do not need to travel. Additionally, the service is an alternative for these groups of age. Similarly, any minors aged 5 to 11 years who are traveling alone will have to fill out form.
Guidelines for Etihad Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Etihad Airways has set down some rules for the safety of the child on their flights. Parents or guardians need to go through the following rules carefully:
- Children aged between 5 to 11 are considered as unaccompanied minors when traveling.
- Besides, the children aged 12-17 can fly alone, but they will come under the young travelers category.
- Moreover, unaccompanied minors can only travel only on direct flights or flights with one stopover.
- The minors on Etihad need to travel with a full-fare ticket.
- Also, unaccompanied minors should have the complete unaccompanied minor form with the correct details, as they have to show it at the time of check-in.
- Besides, an adult can meet the minor at the destination airport and provide their contact details to the airline.
What Is Unaccompanied Minor Service on Etihad Airways?
Young children who travel without their parents or guardians are considered unaccompanied minors. Similarly, the minors can only book flights operated and need to pay the adult fare. For this, they can fill out the special Form or connect to your nearest office to get the required unaccompanied minor documentation.
Important Rules About The Etihad Airways Unaccompanied Minor
Parents need to go through all the requirements regarding minor’ travel and boarding once they book the unaccompanied minor service.
Prepare Your Child To Fly
You must prepare your child for traveling alone and familiarise him/her with the things that will happen when they are traveling. Send your child some toys, tablets, etc., to engage them during the trip.
You need to verify that you have filled out the Etihad unaccompanied minor form in which you mentioned all the required information about your child to avoid any hassle.
Ensure that the unaccompanied minor completes their check-in up to two hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. Also, wait at the specified terminal until the flight departs.
At The Airport
You must check that your child must be with any of the crew staff until the flight takes off. The unaccompanied minors can access the Etihad lounges in Abu Dhabi when they are booked in the Business or first class.
Etihad Airways surely provides a safe and enjoyable journey to your flight while they are traveling. Moreover, there are plenty of things, such as on-screen entertainment and video games, with which your child will be engaged. On the other hand, you can even go through the Etihad unaccompanied minor reviews to know.
Your child will also be able to meet and be brought to the Etihad lounge when they are changing to another flight. Besides, minor policy is not accessible on the connecting flight, which is operated by other airlines.
The minor will be accompanied by the airline staff through the baggage claim, customs, and immigration. However, the parents can meet their child in the arrivals at the planned arrival of the flight. Similarly, one of the airline staff members will ask you to show your ID.
How to Book Etihad Airways Unaccompanied Minor Service?
There are many ways available when it comes to booking a service on Etihad Airways. Check out these methods below and use them at your convenience.
Fill Out The Form
You can easily book the minor service for your child by filling out an Etihad unaccompanied minor form. Simply follow the below steps to do the same.
- Go to the official website of Etihad Airways.
- Locate the Form and click on it.
- Enter the required information into the Form and submit it.
- Besides, Etihad Airways will confirm your request within 24 hours, and you must pay to book the service when the age of the child is between 12 and 17.
- Finally, print out the request Form and bring it with you at the airport.
Direct Call The Customer Service
Moreover, you can directly call the Etihad customer service team to book flight for your child. You have to consider the below steps for the same.
- Dial Etihad Airways unaccompanied minor phone number at 1 (877) 690-0767 in order to book a flight.
- Besides, you must complete the form and sign it by the parents or guardian of the child. You have to show the Form at check-in.
- Similarly, you have to provide the complete details of the person who will pick up your child at the destination airport. However, the person should be an adult and provide their contact details as well to the airline.
- After that, the representative will ask you to pay the applicable fee and the full-fare ticket to book your child.
- At last, you will get a confirmation email from the airline soon.
Note: Parents or guardians have to accompany their child at the airport until the flight takes off and make sure that all the needed documents are available with you at check-in.
How much is Unaccompanied Minor on Etihad?
Etihad unaccompanied minor fee may fluctuate as it is based on the destination and travel class, but it may be around 100 USD each way. Moreover, this fee covers the charges of the additional services offered. You must remember that the airline may waive the fee in some specified circumstances. For example, the child is flying with a companion whose age is above 18 and can act as a guardian.
|Age Group||Permitted to travel||Unaccompanied minor fee (in USD)|
|0 – 4 years||No||Not applicable|
|12-17 years||Optional||100 each way|
Unaccompanied minor service is a convenient facility that permits sending your child. Remember the rules of the Etihad Airways when booking this service for your child. If you find any trouble while booking minor services, you can connect to the representatives 24/7.