Table of Contents
Can You Change The Name on a KLM Ticket?
When it comes to changing the name with KLM, it is not a big deal to modify the name nowadays due to the KLM name change service. Moreover, the airline allows you to change the name 30 hours before the departure. However, you must also be familiar with the KLM name correction policy to make changes smoothly.
Furthermore, KLM Airlines is the flag carrier of the Netherlands. KLM Airlines is the most appreciated company in the world. Besides, the airline was established in 1919 as it is the oldest airline worldwide. Also, the airline always works to fulfill the requirements of its passengers.
Why are Name Corrections Important?
To enjoy a smooth flying journey on KLM, passengers have to provide correct details of their identity, including their name. Similarly, if they make any mistake in their name, they may face difficulty on their travels. So, you need to know the importance of the KLM Change Name on Ticket to avoid any hassle.
- First, it is illegal to board the flight if you have an incorrect or misspelled name on your ticket.
- As per the rules, the name should be similar on all documents, including a government-issued photo id, ticket, & passport.
- Likewise, you have to be attentive when you book a flight to avoid any minor mistake which can cause trouble to your travel during check-in.
- In addition, you may wait at the airport for some hours until the case is resolved when the staff finds any mistake in your name at check-in.
- As a result, it may lead to flight change or cancellation under specific conditions.
An Overview of KLM Name Change Policy
Have a glimpse of multiple important highlights of the Name change or correction policy of KLM Airlines.
- The policy allows passengers to KLM Name Change to remove errors from their name.
- Besides, you can modify the name up to 30 hours before the flight’s planned departure.
- If you do not buy your ticket from KLM Airlines, then you are not allowed to name or correct your name on the ticket.
- In addition, if it is a typo & you are traveling with KLM, then you can enjoy a name change for free for 30 hours before the departure.
- Also, if you are traveling with a different airline partner, you need to make a name change at least 72 hours before the flight’s departure.
- Further, passengers cannot change their full name on the ticket with KLM Airlines.
- Likewise, you cannot transfer your ticket to someone else’s name.
- Additionally, no one cannot change the name on the date of departure.
- Moreover, passengers can use online & offline methods to change or correct their names.
- If you purchased your flight ticket from any third-party website, you cannot KLM Change Passenger Name from your ticket.
- On the other hand, passengers with Reward tickets are unable to change their name on the ticket.
- Further, you can enjoy a name correction for free 30 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Importantly, a KLM visitor doesn’t need to correct the name if you made a print without spaces.
How To Make Name Correction On a Ticket?
With KLM Airlines, you can make corrections to your name using online & offline procedures. So, you can use any one at your convenience.
KLM Name Change Online
- First, you need to go to klm.com.
- Second, provide the username & password to log in to your account.
- After that, move to the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- Now, enter the KLM booking number & your last name.
- Further, you will lend to the next page that will show you the list of bookings. Then, choose the one in which you wish to make a Name Change KLM AirLines.
- Next, start to make modifications to your name & recheck the changes before submitting the same.
- Afterward, you may need to upload a valid document.
- Now, you may have to pay the name change fee if required.
- At last, KLM will send you a confirmation mail.
KLM Name Change Offline
If you are not able to use the above method, then you can change or correct your name using the following method.
- First, dial the KLM Customer Service Number & choose a language as your preferred language.
- Then, choose a “Name Change” option from the available options.
- After that, you will connect with the airline agents.
- Further, the agent will make changes or corrections to your name. However, they will check your eligibility for your name change.
- Now, ensure that you have rechecked the name. Then, ask the agent to spell the entered name.
- Then, confirm your response by agreeing with the command.
- Next, you need to make payment for the name change fee KLM if needed.
- Finally, The agent will assist you till your new, corrected e-ticket is delivered to your email ID.
KLM Name Change at The Airport
- First and foremost, you need to go to the nearest official counter.
- Second, meet the available team.
- Then, just fill in the form for the KLM Change Name.
- To fill out the form, you must mention your name, date of birth, booking number, & information about the scheduled travel.
- Next, complete the form by filling in the required data.
- Then, you need to submit the form by attaching all the needed documents as proof.
- Further, the airline agent will fill in the right data and tell you to pay name change charges(if eligible).
- Lastly, make the payment & receive your updated tickets on your registered IDs.
KLM Airlines Name Change Fee
Generally, KLM Airlines does not ask for a fee for a name change. Moreover, the process tends to be free of cost or needs a nominal amount of charges under some specific situations. Besides, you can make a change name on ticket for free at least 30 hours before the departure.
Further, If you are flying with a partner airline, the risk period will be 72 hours from the departure. However, the airline applies a little amount of fee if you make a request for a name change beyond the risk-free period.
For further information, you are free to dial KLM toll-free number at to get assistance from the professional regarding the name change. Feel free to connect with us 24/7.